• Rutgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Memphis

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As it stands now - 2014. But if Boyle shows improvement each game, I will check off Memphis and Temple as wins.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Temple? Lol, we couldn't beat Temple in our Fiesta Bowl year, why start now?

Of course nearly all of the players and coaching staff from our Fiesta Bowl year are gone, so there's not really any reason that informational nugget matters, except to act as a glass-half-empty prediction for the result of this year's game.

Reaction Score
I voted Temple(but not that confident).

Thinking Temple and Memphis will be our 2 wins(I hope).

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
The season is now such an off-the-charts train wreck, why not think positive? Cincinnati. It's not the Cincinnati of old with Legeaux (sp.) out. It's a road game with absolutely nothing left for us to lose since we have zero chance of going to a bowl, so open up the playbook and try to have some fun. They lost to USF so it's possible they could lose to an equally pathetic UCONN team. The law of averages is in our favor. It's been almost 80 seasons (1935) since any UCONN team started the season 0-6, and we've had some truly miserable teams that won at least one of our first six games during that ridiculously long time span.

I also think we will beat SMU, which draws lousy home crowds despite playing in one of the best college FB stadiums in the country. Their home field advantage is pathetic. I also think we will pull a major upset over Rutgers at home. I saw the Memphis - Houston game yesterday and Memphis is worse than we are, which doesn't seem possible but it really is. I see that as a guaranteed W, especially in early December weather in East Hartford. The glass can still be half full for anyone delusional enough to see this many positives. Boyle might improve exponentially from week-to-week once he's got some in-game experience under his belt.

Those last three games will likely be played in bad weather, either cold/rain/snow, and traditionally over the years we have played over our heads in such conditions, particularly at the Rent. We could finish 5-7. Whether that's enough progress for TJW to keep the job or not would remain to be seen. How can TJW be any worse than Pasqualoni, and even he was able to post similar records during his two full seasons.

If we could pull this off, it would be somewhat reminiscent of Dan O's second season (2002), with the end-of-season run to finish 6-6.

And for those who think Boyle shouldn't be burning his redshirt, Houston is starting a true freshman at QB (O'Korn) and they're undefeated. The schedule maker was incredibly kind to them and they haven't played anybody yet, so we'll see how he does against BYU this coming week.

Reaction Score
I think going on the road to Cincy and UCF back to back will be good for this team..it will give them a chance to bond after what has happened. Here is how I see the rest of the season..a win at Cincy, then we play UCF and Louisville tough...if either team takes us lightly we win...we will take 2 out of 3 from SMU, Temple and Rutgers..then we beat Memphis ending with 4 possibly 5 wins. Is this being VERY optimistic..you bet...is there a chance we only win 1 maybe 2 games or maybe not even any...yup. But I know this...Pasqualoni and DeLeone (ESPECIALLY DeLeone) no longer have anything to do with coaching this program...I know that there will be a new coach and most likely a complete new staff here by the end of December. My favorite Christmas present this year came a bit early...it came at exactly 8:30 am on Sept 30 !!!!!!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Honestly, if we don't win a game this year, I'll be content if I see continual improvement from Boyle and good, hard fought games. Boyle is a very good selling point to land our next head coach so as long as he continues to improve and show what the potential, it will bode well for us for 2014.

Reaction Score
I'm sure most everybody here thought Towson and Buffalo were auto wins before the season started.Temple and Memphis are not looking too promising anymore.0-12 is not unrealistic.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm sure most everybody here thought Towson and Buffalo were auto wins before the season started.Temple and Memphis are not looking too promising anymore.0-12 is not unrealistic.

Absolutely right. Before the year started, I thought that Towson, Buffalo, USF, SMU, Temple and Memphis were auto wins to get us back to bowl eligibility. Now, I'm not so sure we can beat Temple. They played hard at Cincinnati the other night and their young FR QB looks like he has a good blend of mobility and arm. We might not win a game this year but I will be able to stomach it if I see effort and continued improvement from our young players, especially at QB.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
You should add not in 2013 as an option. Honestly, I thought USF was where we'd get one of 2 wins this year. After not being able to win that game, my hopes for even ONE win is very low. SOmeone stated that Memphis looked horrible in their game on Saturday....I'd say that Memphis is better than USF and we couldn't beat them, at home.

We've always been a better home team than road team and this season we can't even win at home. I hate to say it but I don't see us winning ANY road games. Our only shot might be Memphis but I can see us getting inspired against Louisville and/or Rutgers and playing them tough. I just don't know.....this week was such a high and ended with a thud.

Agree with Dooley though that now I just wanna see improvement from Boyle and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom