When will there be an update on the Facey situation?? | The Boneyard

When will there be an update on the Facey situation??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know this is the NCAA we are talking about here, but it just seems like this has been kept real quiet. Is there any chance this will be cleared up by mid October for midnight madness?

Reaction Score
It's the NCAA we're talking about here. They operate on their own time table when they aren't dealing with an SEC quarterback. My guess is they'll clear Facey and then retroactively suspend him at the end of the year forcing us to vacate all our wins.

Reaction Score
I wish you would have asked 20 minutes ago, cuz I also would like to know.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Per usual, we'll have to sit him for 8-10 games while the NCAA drags their feet. Then they'll suspend him for at least a few more just for good measure. If they are feeling really good, he'll be docked a season or two. Uncertainty will be maximized to be sure.

Reaction Score
Too bad it's not a simple case like a juco quarterback being shopped around the SEC or a Heisman trophy winner signing several thousand autographs for a broker over a period of months. Those get wrapped up in a weekend.

Evaluating the effect on eligibility of a single standardized test taken years ago? Far too complicated.

Reaction Score
This is the NCAA we're talking about dealing with their favorite step child UConn.

So they will announce their decision in 22 years.

D

Deleted member 3149

Johnny Football can play but Kentan can't... Sounds about right

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Maybe we should counsel Facey to sign a few thousand autographs so the NCAA can move quicker and get this one off their desk!!!

Reaction Score
images
ON THE
button_ncaapresident.png

Reaction Score
The NCAA needs to have the equivalent of an internal affairs department. I volunteer to lead this organization.

Reaction Score
Daigneault should probably use a better word than suspension, using that implies Facey did something wrong.

Reaction Score
The NCAA actually decided today to backtrack on some of the penalties initially handed to Penn State based on the "good faith efforts" made by the school since the punishment.

Kind of like that time they retroactively applied APR punishments to Uconn and then later backtracked since the school had put together two consecutive years of solid scores. That happened, didn't it?

Reaction Score
The NCAA actually decided today to backtrack on some of the penalties initially handed to Penn State based on the "good faith efforts" made by the school since the punishment.

Kind of like that time they retroactively applied APR punishments to Uconn and then later backtracked since the school had put together two consecutive years of solid scores. That happened, didn't it?

They apologized to Miami too for unethical investigation methods. Just like they apologized when they unethically aided a doctor in violating HIPAA laws in UConn's case.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The Roberson kid from Cuse finished summer school in August. Somehow the NCAA got his grade report and reinstated him all within the same month. The Facey case is absolutely ridiculous normal (for UConn).

Reaction Score
I just know it's going to be bad news. Has UConn ever received good news from the NCAA on player eligibility issues?

Reaction Score
Would UConn favorably influence the NCAA if we changed our mascot to the Kangaroo, in honor of the administrative procedure the NCAA features (Kangaroo Court)? I think the likely outcome will be that there will be sanctions for a future team to serve after Facey graduates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom