when will the offensive push-off be a point of emphasis? | The Boneyard

when will the offensive push-off be a point of emphasis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I get the new rules but if it opens up the push off like it did tonight I'm not crazy about it

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Defender cant put a hand on offensive player with the ball, but apparently the offensive player can put his whole arm against his chest and push off all game without it being called...

Oh, I'm sorry... they did call it... A BLOCKING FOUL

Reaction Score
Their scorer threw his forearm out at least 3 times leading to easy buckets. Seeing as how tight the game was called, I couldn't believe the refs let this go.

Reaction Score
The one that killed me was the pushoff that resulted in a foul on Bazz.

Reaction Score
The push off may become the equivalent of a running back sticking a stiff arm right into the face mask of a defender. Never called.

Reaction Score
The no calls on the arm-bar were mind blowing, where it should have been whistle blowing.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The no calls on the arm-bar were mind blowing, where it should have been whistle blowing.

I was there, seats very close to the floor, center court with great views of perimeter action where the horrible calls were made and other stuff just let go.. Bad enough when the fore-arm shiver isn't called. Worse when 3 times over, a foul is called and it's called as a block. As I said to one of my friends as we watched, it looks like the rule is, foul on the defender if he gets close enough that the offensive player's elbows can reach the defender's gut. Giffey, Nappier and Boat were all victims of that.

However, one glaring reason why BC came back at us was totally atrocious shot selection in the last 5 minutes. We're in the 2 shot bonus, we go into our Bazz and Boat dribbling acts and hoist up contested 3 pointers. The team should have lived at the line at the end, and I don't mean just the last minute. Also, interesting sub pattern, with Calhoun and Giffey both on the bench with under 3 minutes left. 2 excellent foul shooters and with 3 minutes, Giffey's foul situation isn't an issue.

Reaction Score
My thought is we need to learn that move. It is indefensible.

Stop crying and incorporate it into our offense.

caw

Reaction Score
I was there, seats very close to the floor, center court with great views of perimeter action where the horrible calls were made and other stuff just let go.. Bad enough when the fore-arm shiver isn't called. Worse when 3 times over, a foul is called and it's called as a block. As I said to one of my friends as we watched, it looks like the rule is, foul on the defender if he gets close enough that the offensive player's elbows can reach the defender's gut. Giffey, Nappier and Boat were all victims of that.

However, one glaring reason why BC came back at us was totally atrocious shot selection in the last 5 minutes. We're in the 2 shot bonus, we go into our Bazz and Boat dribbling acts and hoist up contested 3 pointers. The team should have lived at the line at the end, and I don't mean just the last minute. Also, interesting sub pattern, with Calhoun and Giffey both on the bench with under 3 minutes left. 2 excellent foul shooters and with 3 minutes, Giffey's foul situation isn't an issue.

Yep, horrid shot selection at the end. Well honestly, Napier took questionable shots all night. I had a hard time figuring out why he was taking so many faders, I mean it was almost like he was just testing his shot. It was very odd after the first 4 games where he was only taking good shots. I won't knock him much because he has been brilliant so far, even his bad game wasn't horrible, I just hope he adjusts for Indiana. It kind of looked like they were playing with the knowledge they had a second game tomorrow in the back of their minds, very odd.

Reaction Score
My thought is we need to learn that move. It is indefensible.

Stop crying and incorporate it into our offense.

Bazz has that move, he was discarding defenders at will with it in that Chris Paul camp video. Maybe like most people he would think in a real live setting it would be called an offensive foul.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Yep, horrid shot selection at the end. Well honestly, Napier took questionable shots all night. I had a hard time figuring out why he was taking so many faders, I mean it was almost like he was just testing his shot. It was very odd after the first 4 games where he was only taking good shots. I won't knock him much because he has been brilliant so far, even his bad game wasn't horrible, I just hope he adjusts for Indiana. It kind of looked like they were playing with the knowledge they had a second game tomorrow in the back of their minds, very odd.

Who knows if it was the home town team factor, but Napier decided last night to shoot a ton and his selection was pretty disappointing. Way too many forced shots. Overall, the team was pretty aggressive. BC isn't great, but they have a couple of very good players, and it made for an interesting game.

Reaction Score
Bazz has that move, he was discarding defenders at will with it in that Chris Paul camp video. Maybe like most people he would think in a real live setting it would be called an offensive foul.

You can't change your fundamentals based on one ref's idiocy, so I agree.

Plus, a lot of bad habits are going to start to form here, with players avoiding contact and avoiding moving their feet. Many coaches will start to cheat with zones. The NBA should be prepared to draft a bunch of kids who have never been taught defense in their entire lives.

The NCAA should also realize that the NBA has such scores not because the lack of defense, but because the players are such good shooters. The NCAA is not selling a professional product, but they pretend that is the case.

Reaction Score
I thought BC was trying to out physical us and the push off as executed byHanlon was a shot to the solar plexus of an annoying defender. It needs to be called a foul.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score

Thusly, you have answered the question in the OP....

It becomes a point of emphasis, the moment the Huskies incorporate it into our game plan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom