When was the last time we had a top 5 class? | The Boneyard

When was the last time we had a top 5 class?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm sure most of you follow recruiting more than I. When was the last time we had a top 5 class? What was Napier and the gang? Another question, how many of those types of classes have we had? My guess is not many.

Reaction Score
2008? That KW, Majok, Miles, and Harrelson class was great on paper.

Reaction Score
2008? That KW, Majok, Miles, and Harrelson class was great on paper.
And the results on the court confirmed that. If it takes a Majok, Miles and Harrelson to get one Walker, I'll take that every damn class.

Reaction Score
I'm sure most of you follow recruiting more than I. When was the last time we had a top 5 class? What was Napier and the gang? Another question, how many of those types of classes have we had? My guess is not many.
Today.

Reaction Score
I believe this is correct. Andre was a top 3 recruit, DeAndre was top 15, and Boat top 60.
If I recall Andre was a 1 or 2, deandre about 18, and Boat about 49. Don't recall my sources, but you're spot on.

Reaction Score
2011?
You're spot on in retro. That year, I think the class was rated just outside the top 20, although, as pointed out in "Born to Lead" - Calhoun thought he had the best class in the country, and it turned out to be so. He did point out that you don't really know what you have until you've had them around for a few practices - something we should remind our fellow by'ers of.

Reaction Score
You're spot on in retro. That year, I think the class was rated just outside the top 20, although, as pointed out in "Born to Lead" - Calhoun thought he had the best class in the country, and it turned out to be so. He did point out that you don't really know what you have until you've had them around for a few practices - something we should remind our fellow by'ers of.

I'm referring to the high school class of 2011, which was Drummond, Daniels, and Boatright.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
That's kind of a gamble. The damage done by the Miles fiasco was pretty monumental.

I would have taken Freddy Krueger if that's what would have gotten Kemba.

Reaction Score
That's kind of a gamble. The damage done by the Miles fiasco was pretty monumental.
I was talking about the amount of production in which we got from him on the court (which actually, was zero).

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The animosity between the AD and the football and men's bb coaches was the primary factor in all the damage. All you would have needed was an AD who addressed the concern brought to him by JC about Miles, or at the very least, not twist the situation to imply JC was pushing for a cover up, and the Miles situation would have been inconsequential.

In the end there was, as posters have pointed out, justice with KW putting the team on his back and bringing number 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom