"When someone says Ray Allen was just "a jump shooter...." | The Boneyard

"When someone says Ray Allen was just "a jump shooter...."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Forget kids, I've heard some of these media talking heads(Barkley/SAS) refer to Ray Allen like that whenever the Steph Curry/Allen/Reggie Miller discussions come up. Its a shame people forget what Ray was like before the Celtics and Heat.

Reaction Score
My honest opinion is that Ray was a better player than Reggie Miller. It just seems that Reggie was more flashy and got more hype from the media, and he played on better teams while in his prime compared to Ray. Keep in mind, Ray Allen is the one who holds the 3 pt record.

Reaction Score
Ray Allen held the 3 point record. He's got game...but Steph Curry has the record.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
TerryA88 said:
Ray Allen held the 3 point record. He's got game...but Steph Curry has the record.

I believe he's referring to the all time record, not single season.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
3for3 said:

By the way, Donyell shares the single game record with Kobe. 12 made in 2005.

Reaction Score
Even an older Ray was more then a jump shooter, he showed some flashes of dunks maybe thats one reason why he has decided not play now so no one sees a Ray that can only shoot 3's.

You look at this 3 he runs to the spot and doesn't even look at where his feet are set, that play was well defended too, Ray runs to the spot, catch bang like clock work.

Reaction Score
My honest opinion is that Ray was a better player than Reggie Miller. It just seems that Reggie was more flashy and got more hype from the media, and he played on better teams while in his prime compared to Ray. Keep in mind, Ray Allen is the one who holds the 3 pt record.
Ray is the better player and not sure what you mean by flash, you must be talking about his big moments against the Knicks and trash talk with Spike because Reggie had about 2 dunks his whole career.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
And if you think Curry has it in the bag, I think you're overestimating his ability to stay healthy.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Is there a reason there are no Bucks highlights? That was when he was still young and really athletic.

Reaction Score
When i here things like .22 caliber is just a pea shooter,Islam is a religion of peace,Kanye has good music and Ray Allen was just a jump shooter i usually end the conversation because the person obviously has no idea what theyre talking about.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
"Now-a-days everybody wanna talk like they got somethin' to say

But nothin' comes out when they move their lips

Just a bunch of gibberish

And motherf ckers act like they forgot about Ray"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online