When does UConn practice officially begin? | The Boneyard

When does UConn practice officially begin?

Reaction Score
How much of this off-season is left? When's first night?

Enough with this off-season!!!! Let's get on with winning the national championship!!!

Reaction Score
I don't know the official answer so I'll go with............... when Geno says so.........

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
No First Night this year, because the repairs to the room of Gampel are not completed. Bad planning in my opinion.

Based on Midnight Madness at other schools, I think the first organized practice is Friday, October 13, just 2 weeks away.

Reaction Score
No First Night this year, because the repairs to the room of Gampel are not completed. Bad planning in my opinion.

Based on Midnight Madness at other schools, I think the first organized practice is Friday, October 13, just 2 weeks away.

Bad planning? They started shortly after last season ended. Should they have started mid-season?

"Almost as soon as the echoes of Commencement 2017 faded away, crews were inside Gampel to start setting up for roof and ceiling repairs that have been eagerly anticipated for the last several years"

Summer Construction Ramps Up at UConn - UConn Today

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Bad planning? They started shortly after last season ended. Should they have started mid-season?

"Almost as soon as the echoes of Commencement 2017 faded away, crews were inside Gampel to start setting up for roof and ceiling repairs that have been eagerly anticipated for the last several years"

Summer Construction Ramps Up at UConn - UConn Today
They needed to figure out a way to be done by mid-October: a different method, more workers, working more days per week, splitting it into 2 off-seasons, whatever.

Reaction Score
They needed to figure out a way to be done by mid-October: a different method, more workers, working more days per week, splitting it into 2 off-seasons, whatever.

Exactly. They have already reduced the number on workers on site and scaled back on overtime. There is no doubt that the project could have been completed in time for First Night with more aggressive scheduling.

Reaction Score
Exactly. They have already reduced the number on workers on site and scaled back on overtime. There is no doubt that the project could have been completed in time for First Night with more aggressive scheduling.

it's always about the money.............

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

What room were they repairing? Does Gampel have more than one room?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom