When Do We Expect Official News | The Boneyard

When Do We Expect Official News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
on who the new members are. At this point, anyone have any ideas on what the hold up could be?

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
20 minutes.

(sorry, it's a reflex action :))...

Reaction Score
hopefully now that Missouri's officially going to the SEC, the "official" dominoes will start to fall. i think up until now we were waiting for that. it sounds like Boise wants a couple of official invitations to other western schools since they seemed pretty insistent on having a western division and a CG. i guess we'd have the Big East and the Big West and they'd meet in a championship game.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
I expect it to hear something official on Tuesday, or maybe next Tuesday or the one after that. I'm not really sure, but the reports coming out of Providence always seem to target a Tuesday.

Reaction Score
I don't know but I'm definitely more optimistic that UConn will be fine than I have been since this whole thing began. Reading the other message boards seems to indicate that UofL fans are also starting to get more comfortable with the idea of the New New Big East. I'm honestly pretty excited to see how it turns out and it's shaping up to be a a very good league. If Boise and Houston can stay close to their current levels and UofL and Cincy get back to top form this will be a much better football conference than it has been. At this point I don't care anymore about Pitt, Cuse, and WVU leaving. Maybe they reconsider but if not, there are schools out west that will add value and allow UofL and Cincy to both remain in the eastern division of the league, which would be great.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The hold up could be the B12 and the WV lawsuit. I doubt WV can leave next year. Nor do I think the B12 will be able to get any teams from the BE next season.

So the new teams may be waiting to see what the B12 does next.

More than likely the new invites want to come as a group, so they are discussing things with each other to see if that will happen.

Reaction Score
The hold up could be the B12 and the WV lawsuit. I doubt WV can leave next year. Nor do I think the B12 will be able to get any teams from the BE next season.

So the new teams may be waiting to see what the B12 does next.

More than likely the new invites want to come as a group, so they are discussing things with each other to see if that will happen.

B12 has to decide to take a gamble on waiting for WVU or inviting someone who will definitely be able to join next season. Either way, the BE is in pretty decent shape. B12 can take BYU, which they are very resistant to doing, and make sure things are set for next year or they can play chicken with the BE. I think in some ways the BE has the upper hand, as crazy as that may sound. Our strategy has become pretty clear and its sound. SDSU, BYU, Nevada, or Fresno St. are all potential football adds for the BE. Houston, Boise, SMU, and UCF are definitely in. There is really no chance that BE football callapses anymore. In fact, even if we lost more members there is a clear path that the BE can now take to get up to 12 football playing members and it seems pretty clear that it will.

Reaction Score
Providence wants to time it up for when there are no basketball game being played anywhere around the country - you know, so we don't steal any hoop teams thunder. Announcement should be some time in April.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If anything rebuilding the football conference is now even more necessary because of the WVU lawsuit as taking action will demonstrate that the BE is attempting to protect the football product while dragging their feet will support WVU's claim.

I really don't get this.

Reaction Score
If anything rebuilding the football conference is now even more necessary because of the WVU lawsuit as taking action will demonstrate that the BE is attempting to protect the football product while dragging their feet will support WVU's claim.

I really don't get this.
I'm with you. Rumors/Leaks get out in the mainstream and then nothing. Just like our "invite to the ACC", the longer it takes the Big East to wrap this up, the more I believe it never comes to fruition.

ctchamps

Reaction Score

I really don't get this.

How do you come to the conclusion the BE is dragging their feet. The invites were sent out. I'm sure the conditions for the invites were based on the most important options. The first priority was getting BS. The other invites were conditional on this because without BS to the BE the other invites were meaningless since the AQ status would be eliminated and the BB side would be watered down.

BS was probably waiting to see if Air Force and BYU would join them. Air Force was probably waiting to see if Navy was still interested and BYU was waiting to see if the B12 would invite them.

And now with the B12 proposal, BS may decide to forgo the BE invite believing their chances to get a BCS bid are just as good in the MW as the BE. Now they will wait to see if the SEC, A&M and Missouri agree to wait until 2013 for their movement.

So this stinks for the BE, UConn and the fans of BE teams, but that is not the BE's fault.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
How do you come to the conclusion the BE is dragging their feet. The invites were sent out.
Are you sure of this? I've seen dozens of articles claiming they will be sent out (most recently a bit more than a week ago) but still have not seen one thing stating they had been. If you have seen some verification/documentation on this please provide a link.

Everything published demonstrates that the only thing standing between Boise St (less than a week ago) and UCF (a couple of weeks earlier) and acceptance of an invitation is the invitation itself. There have been some reasonably credible claims that both Houston and SMU also are merely an invitation away from accepting and are merely awaiting the invitation.

If the BE its not dragging its feet, please enlighten me as to what is going on. If your will be merely speculation on your part, please explain how you came to your conclusion.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
There were comments in the Houston and Boise papers n 11/2 saying it would take about a week. Its where we are at now and WVU and UCF hit in the meantime.

A press release from Marionette wouldbe good

Reaction Score
There were comments in the Houston and Boise papers n 11/2 saying it would take about a week. Its where we are at now and WVU and UCF hit in the meantime.

A press release from Marionette wouldbe good

Not sure he needs to say anything. Just get it done and throw it out there when its official. Letting everyone in on the details has never worked out well. The ACC and B12 expanded in quiet for a reason.

Reaction Score
didn't they previously announce that the invitations would be extended a couple of Fridays ago? it makes me wonder if they're worried that there's something behind Neinas' proposed elimination of the autobid. that's the only reason i could see for not having added a couple of teams by now since that might change their entire strategy

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Are you sure of this? I've seen dozens of articles claiming they will be sent out (most recently a bit more than a week ago) but still have not seen one thing stating they had been. If you have seen some verification/documentation on this please provide a link.

Everything published demonstrates that the only thing standing between Boise St (less than a week ago) and UCF (a couple of weeks earlier) and acceptance of an invitation is the invitation itself. There have been some reasonably credible claims that both Houston and SMU also are merely an invitation away from accepting and are merely awaiting the invitation.

If the BE its not dragging its feet, please enlighten me as to what is going on. If your will be merely speculation on your part, please explain how you came to your conclusion.
I thought it was reported the invitations were sent out. I apologize if I got this wrong.

Personally I don't want the BE to send out anything until they have assurances of acceptance from the schools they are inviting, and after they have thoroughly vetted the invites. happens, and there is absolutely no way to discover all the problems, but I don't want the BE making the mistakes the B12 has made regarding WV which could have easily been avoided with just a little effort.

With all the outside disruptions the BE can't ignore them nor believe they won't have an impact on the invites decisions. They need to avoid a TCU type invite if possible. Unfortunately they have to deal with the ACC and the B12 with every decision. And who knows if the B!G will wake up especially after the PSU drama. I'm as impatient as everyone about an uncertain future. But I believe we need to understand the circumstances taking place in the present, and begin to place less emphasis on what the BE has done in the past.

I know there is a bitter taste with some of us over perceived past mistakes. But it serves no one who has an interest in UConn, or the university itself for that matter, to continue focusing on the past. I'm not recommending we forget what was done. They are lessons to avoid. But constant recrimination of any institution that is representing our interests, only weakens the current position, even if it is justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom