When did things start going south? | The Boneyard

When did things start going south?

Reaction Score
I know some of you will say when they didn't fire Ollie, and all the other things we rage about on here(move along these aren't the droids you're looking for) But honestly when did the season start going down hill. Was it when Gilbert went down, Cobb getting suspended, Larrier is playing a little better after his injury but he wasn't doing much anyway. I think the Michigan State did way more harm then we thought, because they were competing hard with MSU, only down 5 with 11 minutes left then Winston took over. You could say that's when it started, maybe they saw that game as that big early season game and wanted send a statement to the nation that UConn was back. Then when they didn't win maybe a little doubt started to set in their minds. Thoughts? When do you guys think it started?

Reaction Score
3 years ago with recruiting.
No PG to take over from Shabazz and Boatright. Instead, we brought in Sterling Gibbs. And when we finally landed a good PG, he was hurt.
The team has been rudderless for 3 years.
This has been a recruiting debacle.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
When KO got to pick his own players.

It is the only reason that makes sense. He was an excellent coach in 2014. I think he fell in love with too many guys with only one skill.

Reaction Score
Guess i left it too broad of a time line. I meant this season not the past years, because its been beaten into the ground.

Reaction Score
No it wasn't. It would have been much worse if we didn't win that championship but still in the same boat we are today.
I think his point is that you wouldn’t be in the same boat as today, as either Ollie would be hungrier or have been replaced.

Reaction Score
He got fat, lazy, and happy after he won it. Personal life became a mess, wasn't putting in the work necessary at this level, forgot who he was and what got him here, and then tried to make up ground by saying F it to the rules.

Reaction Score
Even more subtle. Boatright tweaking his ankle in the AAC final as we were having yet another post season surge with Rodney Daniel Jalen. We were just coming on. And everyone was sensing some sort of run. It would have had some carry over for sure and would have locked one more recruit. He goes down, in Hartford of all places, and we lose by four or something. That was when it started. If we make the tournament that year most let the last year or two slide as just what it has been. A tweaked ankle to our best player at the worst time carrying the biggest load.

Reaction Score
Guess i left it too broad of a time line. I meant this season not the past years, because its been beaten into the ground.
If you're just looking at this year then Matrim gave you your answer. It's all been building on itself for years though.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Even more subtle. Boatright tweaking his ankle in the AAC final as we were having yet another post season surge with Rodney Daniel Jalen. We were just coming on. And everyone was sensing some sort of run. It would have had some carry over for sure and would have locked one more recruit. He goes down, in Hartford of all places, and we lose by four or something. That was when it started. If we make the tournament that year most let the last year or two slide as just what it has been. A tweaked ankle to our best player at the worst time carrying the biggest load.
Amazing what Jalen was able to contribute to that team considering he was in high school.

Reaction Score
Lol, Jalen never played with Boatright.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
The injuries of last year made things impossible. That was a talented team and then suddenly we ended up playing games with 6 players. Impossible. No AG, no Larrier , no Diarra , no Durham and other kids were injured on and off. No matter what else happened, you can't play without players. Brutal, and it continued into this season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know some of you will say when they didn't fire Ollie, and all the other things we rage about on here(move along these aren't the droids you're looking for) But honestly when did the season start going down hill. Was it when Gilbert went down, Cobb getting suspended, Larrier is playing a little better after his injury but he wasn't doing much anyway. I think the Michigan State did way more harm then we thought, because they were competing hard with MSU, only down 5 with 11 minutes left then Winston took over. You could say that's when it started, maybe they saw that game as that big early season game and wanted send a statement to the nation that UConn was back. Then when they didn't win maybe a little doubt started to set in their minds. Thoughts? When do you guys think it started?

The answer is with the Gilbert injury.

Reaction Score

This season was doomed before it even started. This season died last year when Ollie lost Juwan, Enoch, Vance and Makai. He replaced them with Anderson, Kwintin, Onoruah, and Whaley. pretty easy to figure it out from there

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom