What's your top 10? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What's your top 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
1) - UConn
2-10) - 2-3 ACC Teams - 2 - SEC Teams - 1 AAC Team(other than UConn) - 1-2 PAC 12 Team, - 1 B1G10 Team, - 1 BIG 12 Team
Spots 2-10 will vary and can almost be anyone from the above. UConn not being #1 would be a shocker.

I would take points away from the following teams for top 10 considerations
Baylor--for having one of the most embarrassing OOC schedule that could be made for a team that was #1 for most of last year.
Duke- For actually using the Lindy's Rankings in a press release, after seeing all of the inaccuracies listed in their teams and top 3 teams of individuals............Besides, Duke always disappoints.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
  1. UConn-- most elite + experienced players
  2. Duke -- it's past time for this group of Duke players to play big in a big game
  3. ND -- elite players + good complementary players
  4. Maryland -- will miss Hawkins but guard play should be improved
  5. Stanford -- lack of athleticism at wing will hurt (again) but schedule is favorable; camp and orange need to play well
  6. Louisville -- Shoni out of shape (again) should be a concern, but a lot of returning players
  7. Tenn -- will Simmons and Massengale play big in big games?
  8. Cal -- why not.
  9. Neb -- Hooper + good coach + good schedule
  10. Kentucky -- how will O'Neil and Harper play together? Will anyone other than O'Neil consistently make a perimeter shot?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
A quote about workouts.

"He's pushing us extremely hard, getting us out of our comfort zones and getting us uncomfortable, because that's the only way we're going to get better," Burdick said. "He's done a great job of on-the-court conditioning, strength in the weight room, agility and defensive work.
Also when was the last Tennessee had a 6'6" player who could guard on the floor? Who could hit a ten to fifteen foot shot.
Oh please.

You mean for the last few years, the Tennessee team didn't have a trainer?

Can we please see Russell play against a good college team enforce we anoint her the next Parker? And believe me, she is no Parker.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
DD, remember Ariel Massengale was supposed to be the savior of TN two years ago. How did that work out?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Oh please.

You mean for the last few years, the Tennessee team didn't have a trainer?

Can we please see Russell play against a good college team enforce we anoint her the next Parker? And believe me, she is no Parker.
I am just going by what a teammate said. Since she does see Russell everyday in workouts. Now the first real test will be UNC to see how she does.
As for training. This is more basketball specific. Last year Holly said we are in great shape we need to got in basketball shape.

Reaction Score
1. UConn
2. Duke
3. Someone who's gonna lose to UConn
4. Someone who's gonna lose to UConn
5. Someone who's gonna lose to UConn
6. Someone who's gonna lose to UConn
7. Someone who's gonna lose to UConn
8. Someone who's gonna lose to UConn
9. Someone who's gonna lose to UConn
10. Someone who's gonna lose to UConn

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I am just going by what a teammate said. Since she does see Russell everyday in workouts. Now the first real test will be UNC to see how she does.
As for training. This is more basketball specific. Last year Holly said we are in great shape we need to got in basketball shape.

Is that North Carolina game at TBA or on the road in Chapel Hill?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Higgins shocks the country with her post play and Baylor maks another Final Four. Baylor has a pretty strong starting 5 with Higgins, Chandler, Prince, Small and Wright. I predict Nina Davis to be surprise performer.

I still think Chandler has the game...maybe if I keep predicting it long enough it will come true.

Reaction Score
With all due respect to everyone, there's already an 87 page thread about the Vols on our front page. If you wish to discuss that team, I graciously ask that you continue the conversation there.

Reaction Score
Higgins shocks the country with her post play and Baylor maks another Final Four. Baylor has a pretty strong starting 5 with Higgins, Chandler, Prince, Small and Wright. I predict Nina Davis to be surprise performer.

I still think Chandler has the game...maybe if I keep predicting it long enough it will come true.

Baylor is easily the most interesting team. Did the frosh not play last year because they weren't ready OR the seniors were just too good OR they were actually that good? If either of the first two, then they could be sleepers. And a team with a great point guard can be pretty good.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

Yeah, and Baylor will shock the country by not starting Sims.

Reaction Score
1. UConn
2. Duke
3. Someone who's gonna lose to UConn
4. Someone who's gonna lose to UConn
5. Someone who's gonna lose to UConn
6. Someone who's gonna lose to UConn
7. Someone who's gonna lose to UConn
8. Someone who's gonna lose to UConn
9. Someone who's gonna lose to UConn
10. Someone who's gonna lose to UConn

even Duke fans would disagree......... 3rd guard Chloe Wells future is in doubt (academics) , Greenwell and Henson's health is uncertain, and their offense is streaky

Reaction Score
No Louisville?
You're right! I completely overlooked them. I'm not sure where I'd put them because their recruiting class wasn't that great. They should firmly be in the Top 10, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom