What's your opinion? | The Boneyard

What's your opinion?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Can you consider yourself a diehard fan if you don't follow recruiting? Are there fans of pro teams that tune out the off season, trades, hotstove?

Social media has changed the sports process & watching games from home more than anything in the last 20 yrs. Even, the players themselves are making social mistakes. Imagine Babe Ruth on Twitter.

It seems whenever a kid announces a commitment date, he won't be a UConn guy. Is my memory bad? We typically get pop up commits. If he has a televised gig or table with hats. Your a gluten for toture watching. I think both kids who chose us on tv or YouTube flipped their decisions to lowly DePaul /Melvin & ST Johns /Harkless a number of years ago. I believe Mama put a hat on at his school. Rare.

Maybe the team needs to visit Randy's office & ask what have you been saying lately. Can you be our Cyrano de Bergerac?

Reaction Score
I guess hypothetically you could consider yourself a diehard fan if you live an die with every game, but I would think that passion would carry over into the off season as well. My quick take is that if you are tuning your team out when outside of when the games are scheduled than you are more of a casual fan.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I know situation like this Mathis kid happened multiple times in the past and went virtually unheard BUT now every recruitment move is placed under a microscope and any loss is a tragedy.
Not saying that the recruitment game should not be watched but only 1 team gets the player - that's the odds

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Can you consider yourself a diehard fan if you don't follow recruiting? Are there fans of pro teams that tune out the off season, trades, hotstove?

Social media has changed the sports process & watching games from home more than anything in the last 20 yrs. Even, the players themselves are making social mistakes. Imagine Babe Ruth on Twitter.

It seems whenever a kid announces a commitment date, he won't be a UConn guy. Is my memory bad? We typically get pop up commits. If he has a televised gig or table with hats. Your a gluten for toture watching. I think both kids who chose us on tv or YouTube flipped their decisions to lowly DePaul /Melvin & ST Johns /Harkless a number of years ago. I believe Mama put a hat on at his school. Rare.

Maybe the team needs to visit Randy's office & ask what have you been saying lately. Can you be our Cyrano de Bergerac?

Of course you can.

Recruiting is totally different than the draft or free agency.

Reaction Score
Seems as though things went better when I didn't follow. I'm putting all my recruitment-following energy into football from here on out. Hopefully this results in a Carey (and others) commitment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom