OT: What's ur Favorite Album ever? Need a pic! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: What's ur Favorite Album ever? Need a pic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Unknown-Pleasures-Joy-Division.jpg

Reaction Score
And noone has mentioned one of rocks best inthis thread...........(Woman from Tokyo and Rat Bat Blue traditional hard rock from the good ole days) Huge DP fan butg never a fan of the most well known Smoke on the Water. More Speed King, Hush, Kentucky Woman, Child in Time, Highway Star and later with Coverdale, the Burn album..........the cover song and then Mistreated and You Fool Noone...........even bands formed from other former members of Deep Purple like Rainbow and Whitesnake....great stuff..........

71wcbuRi4TL.jpg

Reaction Score
Bboys put on a great show, seen them with 80,000 all the way to 3,000 at the roseland in nyc...

They do not get enough credit for their impact on hip hop from the late 80,s to the late 90's.

Back in '85, took an old girlfriend to see madonna's "Like a Virgin" Tour in New Haven (yes, I'll admit it)....the Beastie Boys, who didn't even have a record out at the time were the warm-up act. The Madonna fans in attendance weren't too receptive... ;-)

Reaction Score
I was 14 or 15 when I heard this album for the 1st time, great intro into industrial

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm a bit surprised that none of the younger posters included any Green Day or Pearl Jam.

I also expected a few U2 mentions (although I prefer their stuff from before Achtung Baby, supposedly their best work).

GnR (was included) and Nirvana (was not) deserve quite a bit of credit for bring rock music back to where musicianship was important. There was a stretch, mid to late 80's where everything new that was labelled as rock was the hairspray/glam Motley Crue copycats who all looked and sounded the same.

Reaction Score
As far as recent albums - I love the new Foo Fighters effort. Outstanding. I saw some grunge references and this is not that. Just really good rock songs. I was never a huge Nirvana fan although I don't hate them either - surprised no one has listed them yet.

Foo_Fighters_Wasting_Light_Album_Cover.jpg

Palladia has aired a great behind the scenes look at the making of this album. I highly recommend it if you love the fighters of foo.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
No one has mentioned the Black Album or Break Like the Wind.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I love me a good Malaguena!

Reaction Score
That's a great Live album great choice......another live album which was pretty good and kind of unknown was..............

6af5810ae7a0ad3c4534b110.L.jpg

Reaction Score
tunnel_love_01.jpg

Best breakup album ever....helped me through some tough ones over the years.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Recent artists that I'd chart along with Radio Head or Fleet Foxes.

51pSkwRRNVL._AA160_.jpg

51FaBFGrg2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Reaction Score
notorious big- ready to die
tupac- all eyes on me
common-like water for chocolate
lauren hill-miseducation of lauren hill
presidents of the united states of america-p.o.t.u.s
oasis-whats the story morning glory

Reaction Score
Beastie boy fans, check out their concert DVD called "Awesome...I f*#*@ng Shot That". It's one of my favorite concert DVDs up there with The Last Waltz, Concert for Bangladesh and the Festival Express. It's a BB concert in MSG, or Uconn-manhattan campus, from about 6 year ago or so. It's beyond sweet. They give 50 people throughout the whole stadium high def cameras and edit it down through all the different prospectives. They play all the goodies and even do an instrumental set which is awesome. Highly recommend.
Also I saw some tribe fans- check out the DVD that just came out called "beats, rhymes & life". My all time favorite band and you get some great stories, amazing live performances, hear why the broke up and see how Qtip finds a sample, it's fascinating. He breaks down how he did the beat for Can I Kick It, an it wasn't as simple as just using Lou reeds song.

Illimatic, low end theory have already been mentioned and are in my top five with these too and the Allman Bros live at filmore east.
220px-De_La_Soul_is_Dead_album_cover.jpg

220px-Wu-TangClanEntertheWu-Tangalbumcover.jpg

Reaction Score
Say it...great concert video..

Beastie boy fans, check out their concert DVD called "Awesome...I f*#*@ng Shot That". It's one of my favorite concert DVDs up there with The Last Waltz, Concert for Bangladesh and the Festival Express. It's a BB concert in MSG, or Uconn-manhattan campus, from about 6 year ago or so. It's beyond sweet. They give 50 people throughout the whole stadium high def cameras and edit it down through all the different prospectives. They play all the goodies and even do an instrumental set which is awesome. Highly recommend.
Also I saw some tribe fans- check out the DVD that just came out called "beats, rhymes & life". My all time favorite band and you get some great stories, amazing live performances, hear why the broke up and see how Qtip finds a sample, it's fascinating. He breaks down how he did the beat for Can I Kick It, an it wasn't as simple as just using Lou reeds song.

Illimatic, low end theory have already been mentioned and are in my top five with these too and the Allman Bros live at filmore east.
View attachment 392
View attachment 391

Reaction Score
Sorry man..".seen it" ....did not mean say it. Autocorrect on my phone is off
not sure if you checked out the the new album, hots sauce committee part 2, came with this great video with tons of big actors. good watch but pretty long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom