what's up with UConn Huskies website | The Boneyard

what's up with UConn Huskies website

Reaction Score
Agree. Like many things involving uconn athletics it's probably contracted out with mixed results.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Went there to print this year's schedule. Couldn't get the usual "printable" schedule. I realize I'm not the most savvy tech person there is, but it was very easy for many years. Had to print what was shown and it is not user friendly at all. Ended up with 2 pages of what should be a short and concise single page.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Kaizen, I don't see TV for the exhibition games or for the Paradise Jam. Whaz up?
I don't know too. But someone mentioned those games will be shown in ESPN+.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Kaizen, I don't see TV for the exhibition games or for the Paradise Jam. Whaz up?
Media guide schedule shows no TV for exhibition games, but another poster said they might be available on College Sports Network. The Paradise Jam games are listed as TBD in the guide . Hope we get to see them all! :)

Reaction Score
Not to user friendly but a lot of websites are like that now. I guess in time, I will get use to it..and then they will change it again. LOL

Reaction Score
so I went back to Uconnhuskies.com and I cannot find anything. took about 6 clicks to get to womens basketball, only fall sports seem to be accessible quickly. But from womens basketball I cannot find roster, schedule, stats, anything. Can someone please tell me what I am supposed to click on to get there. Does anyone think this new look is better or even as good as the old look?

Bama fan

Reaction Score
In the upper right there is a triple bar symbol. Click it and it takes you to a menu. Select 'sports' and then scroll down to women's sports. Select basketball ,and voila. Good luck.

Reaction Score
so I went back to Uconnhuskies.com and I cannot find anything. took about 6 clicks to get to womens basketball, only fall sports seem to be accessible quickly. But from womens basketball I cannot find roster, schedule, stats, anything. Can someone please tell me what I am supposed to click on to get there. Does anyone think this new look is better or even as good as the old look?

Here's a link to the Women's Basketball section, on uconnhuskies.com. As a suggestion...if I may be so bold :D, once you get to right page...save the page as a "Favorite" and, if you happen to have a "Sports" folder add it there and or by itself...move it up where you have your "favorites" websites you frequent often. (see image below)

1540655134268.png

Women's Basketball - UConn Huskies | University of Connecticut Athletics

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Here's a link to the Women's Basketball section, on uconnhuskies.com. As a suggestion...if I may be so bold :D, once you get to right page...save the page as a "Favorite" and, if you happen to have a "Sports" folder add it there and or by itself...move it up where you have your "favorites" websites you frequent often. (see image below)

View attachment 35680

Women's Basketball - UConn Huskies | University of Connecticut Athletics
I gave Ralph a fish. You taught him how to fish! Great work! :D

Reaction Score
In the upper right there is a triple bar symbol. Click it and it takes you to a menu. Select 'sports' and then scroll down to women's sports. Select basketball ,and voila. Good luck.
I did that. The page that shows up for me has no links. I did do a google search for uconnhuskies womens basketball, that does take me to a page that has things like roster, schedule and stats. But when I go to uconnhuskies.com I cannot get to a similar page no matter where I click. The page is just full of ads for 12 to 14 companies. I also object to a website where I scroll over those 3 bars, and I see a symbol telling me I can click on it and go somewhere, but there is no description for it that appears, at least not on my machine. It does not say "more details on womens basketball" or anything. I am sorry, but when I go to "www.uconnhuskies.com" the page I get is terrible and not user friendly. So yes, I will make the womens basketball page a favorite, I do know how to do that, but I will never understand what they have done to the main site.

Reaction Score
I gave Ralph a fish. You taught him how to fish! Great work! :D
At a very lean manufacturing-oriented company I used to work for a mid-level engineering manager was overheard, frustrated with trying to learn some advanced features of a copy machine, saying, "I don't want to learn how to fish - I just want the fish." This got him the reputation of having a 'non-lean' attitude, and ultimately led to his firing.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Website designed to showcase the designer's skill in making things pretty (useless).

For what it may be worth, here's the schedule, from the pdf page.

image.jpeg

Reaction Score
I went on and it has a whole new look. Not better. I had trouble finding many things that used to be easy to find. Anyone else find it not an improvement?
I totally agree. I thought it was a wonderful setup and then I return to this. I don't have any idea why someone felt compelled to fix something that wasn't broken!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom