what's up with jalen? | The Boneyard

what's up with jalen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not going to say he's regressing, but he's not playing agressive at all. Which i don't really get because he's as good as anyone on the team at creating his own. He also has kind of a short leash.

Reaction Score
He's a freshman undergoing typical freshman struggles. Remember Shabazz in the middle of his freshman year? It was right around this time that he went into a horrible funk, scoring a grand total of 4 points over 3 games on 1-for-12 shooting with 8 turnovers and 4 assists. He was awful.

It happens.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Confidence Confidence Confidence...he doesn't have it right now and our team is deep enough to not have to ride out a freshman when he's struggling.

I think it's safe to say that the BY (including myself) had placed some unfair expectations on the young'n. He had a chance to stick in the starting lineup after his relatively solid game vs Houston but did next to nothing vs a Tulane team which was very disappointing.

Freshman growing pains, we've seen them before from talented players so nothing to worry about here - let's just be thankful that Gibbs is here and Adams wouldn't have to be forced into most of the PG mins this season

Reaction Score
I'm not going to say he's regressing, but he's not playing agressive at all. Which i don't really get because he's as good as anyone on the team at creating his own. He also has kind of a short leash.

He had 13 points against Houston just last week. Not his fault he only played 11 minutes yesterday. He'll be fine I think KO just liked the Gibbs Purvo combo more, and hard to argue after a win.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hopefully, he will have more opportunity to play once UConn gets past Cinci on Thursday
The kid needs to play but in order to do so he has to show he belongs in the starting line-up, deserves good back-up minutes or wait until there is a chance for some scrub time (I dont think he is in this category)
I believe he will have a really good career wearing the UConn uniform

Reaction Score
I think a lot of us were expecting a bigger impact from Adams this season. I dont have anything bad to say about him. You can tell that he has a lot of potential but he is just a Freshman and its hard to keep Gibbs and Purvis off the floor right now. I look forward to him having a breakout season in 2016-2017. I still expect him to give us good minutes the rest of this year but hes just in a little slump probably from not getting many minutes lately

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
He had 13 points against Houston just last week. Not his fault he only played 11 minutes yesterday. He'll be fine I think KO just liked the Gibbs Purvo combo more, and hard to argue after a win.
Yea I would place some blame on him for not getting more burn vs GTown. He stunk up the gym vs Tulane and didn't do much with his initial minutes yesterday. KO cites practice a lot when justifying his game rotations so I wouldn't absolve Jalen of blame and just blame the coaching staff for not playing him

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
There was some sort of internal discipline issue that kept Adams out of the starting lineup yesterday and probably also accounted for the dearth of minutes played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom