OT: What's the biggest event(s) you had planned that was cancelled? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: What's the biggest event(s) you had planned that was cancelled?

Reaction Score
Not exactly an "event" but my office is now officially closed until September

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
JMO, without having a clue what you do, I think the above qualifies for big and event.

Reaction Score
JMO, without having a clue what you do, I think the above qualifies for big and event.
Work in furniture/retail. I'll still be working from home so I can't complain, could be a lot worse

Reaction Score
I had planned a river cruise in Europe (Danube) to celebrate my 50th wedding anniversary in June. Viking cancelled it but gave me a choice. I could get a check for 100% of the cost immediately or a 125% credit toward a future trip with Viking. I chose the latter.

Reaction Score
Wedding anniversary in June, definitely counting my blessings that our wedding was last summer - would have been a gigantic mess.

Hoping to go to Okemo in June or July but that seems highly unlikely.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I could get a check for 100% of the cost immediately or a 125% credit toward a future trip with Viking. I chose the latter.
FWIW, I had a similar choice, different cruise line (NCL). But I wasn't going to get an immediate refund. I had to wait 2 weeks to apply for a refund that wouldn't be paid for 90 days. I ended up saying bump that and filed a dispute on my Amex card. They gave me a refund in 2 days. I've been reading that other cards are making you go through the entire rigamarole then denying the dispute.

Reaction Score
Missed a 2 week vacation in FLA when this all started. Good think my airline tickets are reusable for two years, so maybe next February. Big trip was to Bulgaria for wedding in July. Wedding is off, but airline ticket refund should be interesting. If I cancel I get airline credit, if they cancel I can get my $ back. Have another wedding in Chicago in November that is still on. Time will tell.

Reaction Score
Missed a 2 week vacation in FLA when this all started. Good think my airline tickets are reusable for two years, so maybe next February. Big trip was to Bulgaria for wedding in July. Wedding is off, but airline ticket refund should be interesting. If I cancel I get airline credit, if they cancel I can get my $ back. Have another wedding in Chicago in November that is still on. Time will tell.
I waited long enough and the airline cancelled my flight back from Czech Republic so I get a full refund for all flights.

Reaction Score
Hoping mine also cancels, but I have to wait until at least Mid -July. All based on travel bans and if they hold. It is a trip I was very interested in taking. Not a place many people travel to unless your from that area. Something new and different.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
My brother and I were going to Ireland in April. Had planned it for quite some time. I paid for hotels upfront and used SkyMiles for my flight. Everyone was good about returning the money and miles. Would like to reschedule soon, but who knows what's going to happen. I could almost taste that Guinness served at Dublin's oldest pub, The Brazen Head.
View attachment 54695
Recommend Seans Bar, Athlone, Westmeath. Oldest pub in the world. In operation for 1100 or so years.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Cancelled the Sunfish Class Midwinter Regatta for the National Championship.

Refunds to all of the participants was a pita, especially international entries.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
A cousins wedding pushed back a year

My daughter's baby shower pushed back two months (so far, we'll be a meet the baby shower soon)

Tax season pushed back three months

My first real vacation is scheduled for September, supposed to be taking the grand children to Disney World. No changes yet

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
I go to camp bisco every year (electronic/jam) this wouldve been the groups 7th year. It was always just such a nice release to let loose for 3 days. It was a real battery recharger.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I was officially bumped to a satellite office last week. Came in to work on Thursday for first time since March 13th to clean out desk and grab IT stuff for new location. I'm working from home indefinitely and when we cleared in to work at the smaller office we were told we are expected to be at the office at least one day a week. I'm plenty okay with that.

Reaction Score
Cancelled so far: a cruise to Bermuda; field level boxes at the Stadium; 2 concerts - Doobie Bros. and Frankie Vallie; and a Maine vacation.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
My buddy FINALLY gave in and is postponing the VT July 4 wedding. All it took was the hotel they were working with to announce they’d remain closed and the venue asking them to reschedule. Still keeping the Airbnb for people to come up to “if they fee safe.”

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Pesonally? Pearl Jam concert.

Family? Kids' school and activities.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
April - Headed to Napa for daughter's Masters graduation from the CIA wine school. Had paid for dinner for four at the French Laundry in Napa, then over to Tahoe for spring skiing at Squaw. - Cancelled
June trip to Portugal and Spain - cancelled.
July trip to National Parks northwest - cancelled.

August trip to Lake Tahoe to see kids - waiting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom