What's the biggest event(s) you had planned that was cancelled? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

What's the biggest event(s) you had planned that was cancelled?

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Wait, what?
This is an interview excerpt from just before his book came out.

CLAPTON: I live in — I have a house in England. I have a house in France, a house in Columbus, and a house in Antigua.

KING: Columbus seems so out of the way from those three. What it is like?

CLAPTON: It is great. It is great. Well, it is very much like England to me. It has the same sort of countryside, rolling hills, you know, small kind of civilized communities of people that all know one another. I mean, when first went there, it was just those sitcoms you see where people come in the kitchen unannounced, you know?

KING: How were you accepted in Columbus?

CLAPTON: Oh, just like one of the guys, really.

KING: Yes, not like some big shot?

CLAPTON: I drive my hot rod around. I got — I like hotrods too, you know? And I drive my hotrod around and everyone is —

Reaction Score
After two miscarriages in ten months that resulted in a bout of depression, my wife is training for her first marathon. It was going to be June 6th in Cooperstown, but now it's postponed to September.

The show must go on: we've figured out a 26.2 mile course around our neighborhood and a few neighbors are volunteering to cheer on and provide water stations. Even got our state rep, who's also a runner, to send her a video cheering her on.

She's an incredible person.

And we get to go to Cooperstown when there's a chance of baseball being played! It'll be my first time there since I was a kid! :)

That's awesome.

My son ran a 5K on his graduation date because his spring track season was cancelled - he continued to train hard all spring and was able to bust out a 15:57 under terrible conditions (45 degrees and 25MPH wind).

Reaction Score
did you actually book through airbnb? the website is issuing direct refunds because of the pandemic you shouldnt have to deal with the bed and breakfast. i was able to get a booking fully refunded by only dealing with the website

AirBnB only are issuing refunds if you booked before March 15 or so. Long story short one of the reasons I'm going to LA this week is because I booked an AirBnB that I couldn't cancel and so decided to go enjoy myself.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I like the media that is now acting like the 100k deathtoll is “unfathomable.” As sad as that number is, these same people were predicting 10x-20x that number by this point.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Was supposed to go to California in early May for my cousins sons wedding. That was cancelled along with a week hanging out in Northern Cali. Couldn’t go to my uncles funeral in Florida, which was a huge blow. Also cancelled our summer cottage in RI. The only one that really hurts is the funeral. But I’m not complaining. My wife and I have our health and our jobs. I feel lucky because of that.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I like the media that is now acting like the 100k deathtoll is “unfathomable.” As sad as that number is, these same people were predicting 10x-20x that number by this point.
It still is, regardless of predictions. And there is still more to come.

Reaction Score
I had seen 1-2 million dead by June all over the place.
I'm sure there were 1 or 2 sources saying this but you've been repeatedly downplaying the numbers from the start so I can't say these posts are surprising

Reaction Score
Has anyone's grass been growing at an absurd rate this spring? I usually mow once before June, maybe twice.. I just gave my yard 2+ hours this morning, it looked as if we'd never mowed the grass in the 4 years we've lived in this house. Emptied the bag a million times as well, got caught in the rain - even though the radar showed NOTHING above us with a forecast of partly sunny with 1% precipitation all day.

My lawn is a classic butterface, looks great from far away, get closer and you'll need an 18 pack to go home with her :(

Reaction Score
Has anyone's grass been growing at an absurd rate this spring? I usually mow once before June, maybe twice.. I just gave my yard 2+ hours this morning, it looked as if we'd never mowed the grass in the 4 years we've lived in this house. Emptied the bag a million times as well, got caught in the rain - even though the radar showed NOTHING above us with a forecast of partly sunny with 1% precipitation all day.

My lawn is a classic butterface, looks great from far away, get closer and you'll need an 18 pack to go home with her :(
A few years ago I had a lawn expert (wannabe) look at my lawn and pointed out the weeds, which were green. He went on to describe how to eliminate weeds on the property. Somewhat costly and requires maintenance.

Problem is when he added 'but some people don't care as long as its green'. :)

Well problem solved. Grass looks good and green, from a distance. Mower is popping anything growing higher than grass blades. Getting compliments too.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

I’ve already mowed 3 times and need to mow again this weekend. I think the warm wet winter is probably the culprit.

Reaction Score
Anyone have a preferred grass seed they've had success with?

We had Tru-Green for 2 years and it was a complete sham...

I have some organic seed coming for a few bald spots, and I have 2 big rolls of Gro-Trax ready to roll out and spray for a huge bad area in front.. Grasping at straws at this point.

Reaction Score
Not that big a deal but I just saw that a local July 4th fireworks display in Melbourne FL has been cancelled this year.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

I have some organic seed coming for a few bald spots, and I have 2 big rolls of Gro-Trax ready to roll out and spray for a huge bad area in front.. Grasping at straws at this point.
I like Carl Spackler's Bent, a hybrid.

It's a cross of Kentucky bluegrass, featherbed bent, and northern California sinsemilla.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Has anyone's grass been growing at an absurd rate this spring?
No, but the Rhododendron in the back yard is going to bloom before the one in the front! What's up with that?

Reaction Score

Look for the Pearls Premium posts from 1-2 years ago. Never had an issue when I used it. Used to be able to get it at Whole Foods in CT, but not sure now.

Reaction Score
To the thread: supposed to be in Paris / Venice these last 2 weeks. Got NJ instead. What a deal.

Reaction Score
Glad I waited to cancel my Europe trip - they cancelled my return flight so I would have been stranded- will get full refund from British Airlines instead of a credit.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Two week trip to Barcelona in June with family (daughter, SIL, 3 grandkids), annual summer in CT for 3 months, and potentially two week river cruise in November.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom