What's the biggest event(s) you had planned that was cancelled? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What's the biggest event(s) you had planned that was cancelled?

Reaction Score
some AirBnB won’t give us our money back either
did you actually book through airbnb? the website is issuing direct refunds because of the pandemic you shouldnt have to deal with the bed and breakfast. i was able to get a booking fully refunded by only dealing with the website

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
did you actually book through airbnb? the website is issuing direct refunds because of the pandemic you shouldnt have to deal with the bed and breakfast. i was able to get a booking fully refunded by only dealing with the website

Air BNB is nearly bankrupt itself now and is very stingy on the refunds. June isnt being refunded yet. Basically, they won’t refund unless I am prohibited from making the trip.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The best thing about corona? I hope it bankrupts every airbnb owner . Worst thing ever

I am done. And I’ll do everything I can via floods of zero star reviews to cost any scumbag who keeps my money ten times as much in lost business.

Reaction Score
This virus sucked. I'm a major summer vacation person, but its certainly a staycation year for us.

Had Broadway play tixs for wife's b'day along with a night out cancelled (got refunded). My daughter's college graduation ceremony this month was cancelled but it was for her Masters, but still.

Also we had a long awaited HS reunion in August that's now cancelled. The reunion was to be my highlight of the year.
The US Open Pickleball Championships in Naples FL in late April...yes, there is such a thing. Would have been my first Open and even though I'm guaranteed a spot in next year's tournament I'll be a year older and a year slower. Airbnb would not refund me because host would not agree to it. Still debating whether I should write a nasty review of them and him. Hotwire gave me a full refund for rental car. I like them.

Reaction Score
Yes, they are progressive and they should be bigger than they are. They are from the Harrison, NY area, so you can sometimes catch them playing in the area. At least once this virus thing goes away.
I originally from White Plains - where in the area do they play?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Lol this thread again. 11 weeks of business travel. My bachelor party, my fiancé bachelor party, her match day, her graduation, our wedding, and our honeymoon.

That’s a winning list. Congratulations on the wedding.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Lol this thread again. 11 weeks of business travel. My bachelor party, my fiancé bachelor party, her match day, her graduation, our wedding, and our honeymoon.
I’m sure your guests appreciate you canceling the wedding and not being put in the impossible situation of deciding to go or not.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Portugal June 1-12. My wife's family was excited to meet the new baby and see my 2 year old again. Our flight was officially cancelled on May 20 so we should be getting our refund soon. Planning on trying to negotiate four vouchers rather than the refund, since the kids fly free until 2 we only had to pay for two tickets, but my son turns two the week after we would have returned so we will have to buy him a ticket when we figure out when we can go again. Luckily we have a place to stay when there so we only had to worry about getting the flight money back.

Reaction Score
A trip to Chicago (never been there) to see my cousin and her boyfriend before she graduated in May, cancelled. A wedding in VT first week of June, cancelled. A family trip with my in-laws to the Cape for my nephews 1st BDay, cancelled (my nephew and sister in law and her husband live in San Fran). However, we did book a long weekend for mid-July to Newport and my wife and I are also going to Myrtle Beach mid-August. ::knock on wood::

Reaction Score
I originally from White Plains - where in the area do they play?
Saw them in the past at NJ Proghouse, NEARfest, and in Rye,
NY. Going forward, your guess is as good as mine.

Reaction Score
the amount of fees that airbnb was stacking on top of the regular overnight expense was insane. You could book a $99 a night stay and there would be $75 worth of additional fees.

Reaction Score
30th wedding anniversary trip to Scotland all paid ... really bummed

Reaction Score
Saw them in the past at NJ Proghouse, NEARfest, and in Rye,
NY. Going forward, your guess is as good as mine.
I'll have to watch NJ Proghouse when they reopen - about an hour from.my son in Pequannock.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Early on, cancelled a mid March trip to visit my son in CA and his family (we are in CT) as well as using a time share week in Newport Beach. A big disappointment because my wife couldn’t do that kind of travel for the last 5 mos of 2019 due to chemo. We also travel a lot and the combo of her cancer causing us to cancel a Europe trip last Sept and now this that is stopping us from planning other travel has been a downer.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Not being able to travel for work has been a blessing and it's about to come around 180 degrees and be a punch in the face. Basically all 2020 business travel will compressed in to 5 1/2 months. I know my company isn't going to miss out on contractual obligations because some of us will have to travel a bunch. Already prepped the wife for me being gone quite a bit.
Other than that? Had a kid graduate HS a few weeks ago. Graduation ceremony has been delayed twice already and they are now shooting for mid-June commencement.
Had a June vacation set up to meet up with some friends for a get together. Had to cancel that since several of us would have potentially had to quarantine upon return.
Overall, not much of an inconvenience for me yet.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The best thing about corona? I hope it bankrupts every airbnb owner . Worst thing ever
The original idea of finding a place to stay in a pinch was great but now they’re just as bad as hotels.

Reaction Score
Why? I can understand you hating it if you're a hotel owner but in my experience it's awesome for travelers.

Reaction Score
4 weddings (2 I was best man in), trip to Portugal/Spain, bachelor party in SC, DMB at SPAC :(

Reaction Score
Families get to DC during cherry blossom time.
Next spring.

UConn baseball games at new ballpark.

Brother's 60th. His daughters-in-law adore him. They planned a big bash with family and friends coming up from various states.

Crab feast in Annapolis.

All the summer guests are no longer coming through Labor Day.

Civil War battlefields tour in PA VA and MD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom