OT: What's the biggest event(s) you had planned that was cancelled? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: What's the biggest event(s) you had planned that was cancelled?

Reaction Score
I have tickets to see Rammstein at Foxboro in September. Not canceled yet but I don't have high hopes.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Plans for 3 weddings, 2 concerts, 3 baseball games and a trip to Florida cancelled.

Reaction Score
Rage against the machine concert I thought I'd never get to see got bumped til next summer...

Trail run in the mountains I got talked into that I didn't want to do only got pushed by 3 weeks to end of August....lame

Reaction Score
Was planning on Disney World, Vegas and possibly Hawaii but decided to put it off till next year before all this happened. Was planning trips to Boston and New York for Celtic playoff games and Mets games at Citi. Was going to be a low key summer for me with my 5 year old but even most of that is out the window. Hopefully this mess is over by summer `21 because i will be making up for all this wasted time.

Reaction Score
Packer HOF Dinner and outing with Woodson. Was initially postponed to August - now will be next spring. :/

Reaction Score
After two miscarriages in ten months that resulted in a bout of depression, my wife is training for her first marathon. It was going to be June 6th in Cooperstown, but now it's postponed to September.

The show must go on: we've figured out a 26.2 mile course around our neighborhood and a few neighbors are volunteering to cheer on and provide water stations. Even got our state rep, who's also a runner, to send her a video cheering her on.

She's an incredible person.

And we get to go to Cooperstown when there's a chance of baseball being played! It'll be my first time there since I was a kid! :)

Reaction Score
We have a wedding at the end of July in Hilton Head and Cancun in October. Both are still a go as of right now.

Reaction Score
business trip to San Fran, vacations in alaksa and hawaii, and a wedding in colorado

Reaction Score
trip to see the kids out west, a friend's wedding, Phil's 80th, a trip to Sea Island, GA.......

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Trip to South Carolina to see my parents in April, cancelled. College visit trip to Philly and Baltimore in April, cancelled.

Big one was a two family trip to Ireland over 11 days in June. Also taking a financial hit on that. Delta gave us credit not a refund and some AirBnB won’t give us our money back either. Very much pissed about that.

Planned college visits all summer, assume those will be cancelled too.

Reaction Score
Trip to Spain and then Czech Republic for 4 day Masters of Rock Festival - rescheduled same bands July 2021. 4 day Prog Power music festival in September - same bands rescheduled for Sept 2021. 3 other concerts in Philadelphia- May, August and October.

Reaction Score
I had planned to attend the Final Four after we won the AAC tournament and stormed through the NCAAs as an eight seed.
My friend's wife was scheduled to work the final four this year and they offered me a pass to attend both the semifinals and national championship and a hotel room. All I would've had to pay was $250 for a flight.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Trip to Spain and then Czech Republic for 4 day Masters of Rock Festival - rescheduled same bands July 2021. 4 day Prog Power music festival in September - same bands rescheduled for Sept 2021. 3 other concerts in Philadelphia- May, August and October.
...not quite the music scene I envisioned you getting into. Respect though

Reaction Score
...not quite the music scene I envisioned you getting into. Respect though
Ehat did you envision? Progressive, power, symphonic, gothic metal, hard rock- mostly European - Finland, Sweden, Germany, Norway, Italy with some Japanese and even Russian thrown in. Some Symphonic Black - don't like the grunting and growling.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Ehat did you envision? Progressive, power, symphonic, gothic metal, hard rock- mostly European - Finland, Sweden, Germany, Norway, Italy with some Japanese and even Russian thrown in. Some Symphonic Black - don't like the grunting and growling.
Perry Como

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Had a trip to see the Pens play the Jackets in CBus in March. If you’re a hockey fan looking for a fun road trip, I highly recommend CBus. R Bar is worth the trip alone.

Had a Summer full of concerts here in Pittsburgh planned. The Stones, Chesney, Crue, Weezer/Green Day, Vampire Weekend. Should’ve been an awesome concert season. Very bummed

Reaction Score
I'm in Virginia. Used to live in CT. My parents have gone to Cape Cod ever since they were kids and they are 75 and 76. They go for 3 to 4 weeks every June. I was going to go for the first time in 15 years. Well, hopefully my parents there is September. They go for 3 weeks then also.
I'll be at my job hopefully.

Reaction Score
Was going to follow Big Big Train and IZZ performing concerts in Quebec, New Jersey, and Northampton the past two weeks. Big Big Trains first time in North America.

Also missed going to Mobile, Alabama for my school's baseball alumni reunion game. Usually have John Lieber, Luis Gonzalez, Marlon Anderson, Dave Stapleton, etc in attendance. Always a good time lying about how good we were.

Reaction Score
Was going to follow Big Big Train and IZZ performing concerts in Quebec, New Jersey, and Northampton the past two weeks. Big Big Trains first time in North America.

Also missed going to Mobile, Alabama for my school's baseball alumni reunion game. Usually have John Lieber, Luis Gonzalez, Marlon Anderson, Dave Stapleton, etc in attendance. Always a good time lying about how good we were.
Big Big Train is pretty good - have heard some of their stuff on promo discs that come with my PROG magazine- was disappointed they weren't going to be on the Progressive music Cruise I supposed to take 1st week of April. I'll have to look IZZ - assuming progressive?

Reaction Score
I was scheduled to travel to Italy, Portugal and the UK on a 3.5 week vacation. I was able to cancel hotels but not flight. Was only able to move dates when I'm ready for new dates

Reaction Score
Big Big Train is pretty good - have heard some of their stuff on promo discs that come with my PROG magazine- was disappointed they weren't going to be on the Progressive music Cruise I supposed to take 1st week of April. I'll have to look IZZ - assuming progressive?
Yes, they are progressive and they should be bigger than they are. They are from the Harrison, NY area, so you can sometimes catch them playing in the area. At least once this virus thing goes away.

Reaction Score
After two miscarriages in ten months that resulted in a bout of depression, my wife is training for her first marathon. It was going to be June 6th in Cooperstown, but now it's postponed to September.

The show must go on: we've figured out a 26.2 mile course around our neighborhood and a few neighbors are volunteering to cheer on and provide water stations. Even got our state rep, who's also a runner, to send her a video cheering her on.

She's an incredible person.

And we get to go to Cooperstown when there's a chance of baseball being played! It'll be my first time there since I was a kid! :)
Uggh! Thats tough. Hate to hear that. I hope someday it happens for you both. Wish you both the best.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I had some really nice conferences cancelled (including two I was speaking at).

Also would’ve gone to a Sox game and some necbl games.

Plus summerslam. Which isn’t cancelled for fans yet, but is likely to be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom