What's the biggest event(s) you had planned that was cancelled? | The Boneyard

What's the biggest event(s) you had planned that was cancelled?

Reaction Score
This virus sucked. I'm a major summer vacation person, but its certainly a staycation year for us.

Had Broadway play tixs for wife's b'day along with a night out cancelled (got refunded). My daughter's college graduation ceremony this month was cancelled but it was for her Masters, but still.

Also we had a long awaited HS reunion in August that's now cancelled. The reunion was to be my highlight of the year.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
A few weddings postponed. Still doing our family trip to Sebago Lake mid-July as we just go and stay in the house and chill on the beach anyways. My best friend is STILL adamant on his July 4th wedding in Vermont even though it is forbidden. I will sadly probably not be going. He and his fiancé don’t realize that even people who rsvp’d yes in February aren’t going.

Reaction Score
Not me but a family member. My daughter is an Event Director for Varsity Brands, the company that stages those monster cheerleading competitions you see on TV. All events canceled, of course. She moved from Connecticut to Louisville for the job. She's been furloughed, and I don't see how that company will survive.

Reaction Score
My brother and I were going to Ireland in April. Had planned it for quite some time. I paid for hotels upfront and used SkyMiles for my flight. Everyone was good about returning the money and miles. Would like to reschedule soon, but who knows what's going to happen. I could almost taste that Guinness served at Dublin's oldest pub, The Brazen Head.
1590417464060.png

Reaction Score
Music festival in Columbus was cancelled last weekend

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Was at The Players in Ponte Vedra when they cancelled the following three days to which I added tickets. The next day I had to cancel my trip for March Madness in Vegas.

Reaction Score
We had planned to hang out by our pool this summer, play some tunes, mix some drinks. So now we're planning to hang out by our pool, play some tunes, mix some drinks.

But really...our youngest daughter's Master's graduation was online yesterday. So we had good seats and got to drink alcohol during the ceremonies and BBQ after.

Reaction Score
My daughters high school graduation
Trip to Puerto Rico w just my wife
Trip to Switzerland and Germany w my family.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Yearly March Madness party.
Family wedding + week in Block Island
Our trip to Cape is on the ropes.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
3 days at legoland
6 days at the Florida beaches
My 40th birthday party.

We did end up buying a camper so weve been there every weekend which has been a really nice escape.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I had a cruise that was cancelled. But that was a good thing, I had severe buyers remorse, cruising and cruise lines suck. But I had a big tailgate planned at a Hartford Athletic game for a milestone birthday. Shame because the day had perfect weather.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Lakes Region in Maine in July and then we were thinking about Disney World in the fall. Nixed both.

Reaction Score
Missed three trips. Arizona, Virginia, and Maryland. Only one we won’t make up is Arizona because we’re not ready to fly. Bahamas in September depending.

Reaction Score
We should have been leaving for Hawaii next week. We would have spent two weeks there, then come home for a week and head for our favorite 4 day music festival up in Northern California. Two weeks later we would have attended a World Music festival. Then in August we would have gone to a week long music camp. Just a typical summer for us, but none of it will happen until next year at the earliest.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
back end of hoops winter league season, and those playoffs. the summer league appears to be a go tho, since most games take place outdoors. not a playa, but just wondering how it's looking for the softball league folks. any news?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
back end of hoops winter league season, and those playoffs. the summer league appears to be a go tho, since most games take place outdoors. not a playa, but just wondering how it's looking for the softball league folks. any news?
I play in Vernon and Manchester. Vernon is supposed to start mid June. Manchester starts late August and will play a short season into October. IMO neither will happen.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Cancelled trips to Barcelona and Antigua......

instead will do a week in Cape Cod and probably western PA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom