What's our worst case scenario? | The Boneyard

What's our worst case scenario?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So far, neither the ACC, nor the B1G wants us, and now the BEBBO schools are considering forming their own conference, and I really don't blame them. If they do, we could be left out in the cold, at least temporarily.

Ultimately, we'll get into a major conference, and most likely it will be the ACC, but until we do, recruiting is going to really suffer, as will revenue and exposure. We'll be a helluva story, and eventually, a helluva comeback story, but the near future could be very bleak. What do you think?

Reaction Score
We end up in Conference USA 2.0

Houston
Tulane
SMU
SDSU
Boise St
UConn
Cincy
USF
Temple
UCF

Might as well invite Hawaii and BYU.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Houston
Tulane
SMU
SDSU
Boise St
UConn
Cincy
USF
Temple
UCF

That about sums it up.

Reaction Score
So far, neither the ACC, nor the B1G wants us, and now the BEBBO schools are considering forming their own conference, and I really don't blame them. If they do, we could be left out in the cold, at least temporarily.

Ultimately, we'll get into a major conference, and most likely it will be the ACC, but until we do, recruiting is going to really suffer, as will revenue and exposure. We'll be a helluva story, and eventually, a helluva comeback story, but the near future could be very bleak. What do you think?

The ACC would only have a right nut if we would agree to join.

Reaction Score

Houston
Tulane
SMU
SDSU
Boise St
UConn
Cincy
USF
Temple
UCF

Yours may be the worse case scenerio but it is also the most likely.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Actually, Boise and the rest will probably form their own all-sports league if the basketball schools split. I could see Boise deciding that they don't need an northeastern outpost in their league and cutting Temple and UConn off. That is the real worst case scenario, because then we are in the MAC for all sports.

Reaction Score
Actually, Boise and the rest will probably form their own all-sports league if the basketball schools split. I could see Boise deciding that they don't need an northeastern outpost in their league and cutting Temple and UConn off. That is the real worst case scenario, because then we are in the MAC for all sports.
The MAC has room? I'm kidding. Sort of.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
An asteroid is about to strike earth wiping out life on the planet. Aliens show up at the last moment but can save only community. They choose Louisville.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

Houston
Tulane
SMU
SDSU
Boise St
UConn
Cincy
USF
Temple
UCF

Needs more Southern Miss.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Right, MAC or CUSA outright.

Reaction Score

Houston
Tulane
SMU
SDSU
Boise St
UConn
Cincy
USF
Temple
UCF

East:
Uconn, cincy, Temple, Memphis, USF, UCF, (Navy/Nova share)
west:
Houston, Nevada, SMU, Boise, Tulsa, SDSU, Fresno//or UNLV

not great. better than the current setup. Sorry ECU and Tulane.
Still best FB outside of power 5, and decent hoops (4-5 bids each year. maybe 6 in a really good year).

Reaction Score
The administration brings Hathaway back to lead us in the BigUSA Conference.

Reaction Score

Houston
Tulane
SMU
SDSU
Boise St
UConn
Cincy
USF
Temple
UCF

Our worse case scenario is WM and SH deciding that joining CUSA 2.0 is a better option than joining the Catholic 7 and being football only in CUSA 2.0 or whoever will take us.

There is no way in hell the Catholic 7 will deny us if we want in. Our basketball and olympic sports programs are better than all of theirs COMBINED. No hyperbole - just count the national titles and conference championships in the past decade.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Not the best video, but this is what Conference Realignment has felt like :

Reaction Score

I think that is when you would see some sort of Eastern league from the Big East leftovers, MAC, and CUSA:
UConn
Temple
USF?
UCF?
Memphis?
UMass?
ECU?
Charlotte?
Old Dominion?
Buffalo?

Not sure who else is out there that plays FBS football. The football league would be brutal, but there are a few schools there that can give you a foundation for basketball...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom