What's Gone Wrong & What Is Being Done to Correct Mistakes? | The Boneyard

What's Gone Wrong & What Is Being Done to Correct Mistakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think he's on the money with the frustration leading to poor execution. That was obvious. In part, he needs to see that and call a TO. Can't let that happen. Bring the guys over, calm them down, send them back out.

Let's see if it translates on the field though.

Reaction Score
I think the defense is thinking too much and I think that is a product of Diaco's tinkering. I have watched him on the sidelines the last couple of games and he is all over the place. He is interrupting Poindexter, pulling kids aside. I think he is in their heads and they play slow as a result. There is no read, react, hair on fire defense. I watch the corners hesitate on every out pattern because they're afraid of double moves. As a result its a simple pitch and catch for the opposing O. I go back to earlier in the year when Summers jumped a route and made a great interception (can't remember the game) and Diaco praised him in the press conference but said the first thing he did with JS after was remind him of the danger of a double move. Really? No wonder the kids seem slow, their more worried about errors than making plays.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Right on Dan. This team is 100% a reflection of Diaco's risk aversion and philosophy of avoid turnovers at all costs. On the surface that's fine but if kids play tight/slow because of it then we are .

The problem then becomes : there is no way to fix things unless Bob fixes himself. Said another way - if so much has been corrected then why do we still struggle? Look at what hasn't been fixed yet.

Reaction Score
"Negative plays were cut in almost half". stop running Ron Johnson wide and it will be almost NO negative plays.

Reaction Score
"Whether they are physically gassed or not, we are in week 9, every game has been a four quarter battle. There hasn't been a moment where they have been able to relax physically. That's not even talking about the emotional taxing nature of what we've been through."

Are you freaking kidding me ??? This is exactly the style BD has said he wants us to play. Now it's too tough on the players ??

Try scoring some damn points, and maybe it wont be such an issue.

WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek