What's going on at U.S.A.F.A.? | The Boneyard

What's going on at U.S.A.F.A.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was pulling into the parking lot at work yesterday at Noon. Had on Sirius Channel 91 (College Sports) The show host started interviewing an investigative reporter on a scandal at the Air Force Academy. He was relating an instance of a party attended by members of their football team. Liquor was served from two distinctly different colored bottles: red for males, blue for females. The reporter stated that subsequent analysis showed that the liquid from the blue bottles contained traces of the date rape drug. He started detailing other areas of investigation, but I had to get on the job. Haven't seen or heard anything on the news media (a la the Duke lacrosse scandal). Did anyone hear any more of the interview?

Reaction Score
I din't hear the interview but I did read a piece somewhere that the Superintendent of the Academy is investigating the entire athletic department for a series of abuses including what you described but also more widespread drug use and cheating. they did say it would focus on the football team but extended to others as well. they apparently set up a sting operation on a sexual assault problem but had to cancel it because things were so out of hand the investigators were concerned they couldn't protect the woman involved. Air Force, in particular, I think has had a bunch of issues with this kind of thing.They appointed a female superintendent in part ot try and change the outlook. But it is partly culture, I suspect, partly a leadership problem and partly the world view of the folks attracted to Air Force. But it is a mess there. Air Force has the higher numbers of sexual assault than any other service academy. Apparently this stuff has been going on since 2010, and they are in the midst of yet another cheating scandal as well. 4th major one since 2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom