OT: - What's a UConn Fan To Do?! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: What's a UConn Fan To Do?!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
So I'm a high school teacher, and at the end of the year, a senior I really like (despite the fact that he's leaving CT to go to Tennessee) dropped off a present for me. I wrote his college recommendation and he wanted to thank me. But he's also a sly little bastard, so this is what he gave me, KNOWING it would kill me a little every time I looked at it. (And he made sure to tell me that he specifically got the LADY VOLS one for me.)

So what could I possibly do with this (other than accidentally "dropping" it)? I'm taking all creative suggestions. . .

View attachment 45568
Paint it white and blue. Everything but the "Lady". Use it for your dogs when you don't feel like walking them. Use for target practice. Use it as a receptacle for old tampons. It could make a great spit cup.

Reaction Score
So I'm a high school teacher, and at the end of the year, a senior I really like (despite the fact that he's leaving CT to go to Tennessee) dropped off a present for me. I wrote his college recommendation and he wanted to thank me. But he's also a sly little bastard, so this is what he gave me, KNOWING it would kill me a little every time I looked at it. (And he made sure to tell me that he specifically got the LADY VOLS one for me.)

So what could I possibly do with this (other than accidentally "dropping" it)? I'm taking all creative suggestions. . .

View attachment 45568

View attachment 45568
Turn about is fair play, Get him a Vandy mug with the score of last year’s game.

Reaction Score

View attachment 45568
I'll take it and use it for target practice.

Reaction Score
I just got done sighting in my new rifle for deer season, I bet I could help you get rid of it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I would have tossed it right into the trash. And called any kid who fished it out a "garbage-picker."

Reaction Score

View attachment 45568
I hope you were intelligent enough to congratulate him on his extreme good luck of moving to Tenn. Then too, I hope you were intelligent enough to know what bastard is and looked deeply into his heritage before you characterized his such. While I'm not a UT fans, maybe now with Holly gone, you too will be pleased you had such a nice student. As one who had to re-educated HS educated students I feel for him.

Reaction Score
N
Withdraw the recommendation and return the gift.
I know YOU with your high moral convictions is joking. You'd never actually do that because it to do so would be immoral, nasty, and in poor taste to treat a student in that manner.
I doubt you would ever characterize his parentage in the manner as presented. You have high morals.

Reaction Score
Use it and savor it as a symbol of the great friendship that you have with your student.. He knew you well enough to torture you with a friendly rivalry.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Use it and savor it as a symbol of the great friendship that you have with your student.. He knew you well enough to torture you with a friendly rivalry.
While you are, of course, correct, I feel like you are not getting into the spirit of this thread.

Reaction Score

Likely the best solution. . . he's a great kid.

Reaction Score
Likely the best solution. . . he's a great kid.

...then this would be a great gift to send him. Your lives would be intertwined together. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom