What's a Special Adviser? | The Boneyard

What's a Special Adviser?

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Means: Moriah gets on the team, along with Stewie and Maya...
and Di and Sue if they still want to play.

Quite possibly....we know the coach doesn't pick the team but I'm sure USA is confident that with his advice a great team may be assembled

Reaction Score
Yeah, but I think they'd all make it on regardless of Geno being there or not. Moriah is the only one who hasn't yet, and I feel pretty confident that she is the point guard of the future for USABB, at least given how well her rookie year in the W went.

Reaction Score
Quite possibly....we know the coach doesn't pick the team but I'm sure USA is confident that with his advice a great team may be assembled

Well that works out pretty good because he won't be coach so he will have more say in picking the team.:)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So I guess what you're saying is that all those UConn alums who played in past Olympics only did so because Geno was the coach.

Plebe

Reaction Score
"USA Basketball Women's National Team director Carol Callan serves as chair of the USA Women's National Team Steering Committee. The committee also includes three-time Olympic and two-time World Championship gold medalist Katie Smith as the athlete representative; representing the WNBA is the league's chief operating officer Jay Parry; Auriemma will serve as a special advisor; and two-time Olympic and 1998 FIBA World Championship gold medalist Ruthie Bolton is the at-large representative."

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Uh oh! Fox holes now!
So I guess what you're saying is that all those UConn alums who played in past Olympics only did so because Geno was the coach.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score

Who said such a thing?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Who said such a thing?
You imply that Moriah, Stewie, Maya, DT, and Sue have a better chance of being on the team because of Geno's advisory role.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score

Yikes! Agent provocateur.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Dawn currently has a special advisor on her team now. Melanie Balcomb is the Director of Coaching Offensive Analytics, so Dawn is certainly not allergic to advise. I would hope that Geno would settle in as Dawn's offensive guru. However, UT fans will probably howl that Parker's chances at being selected will once again be roadblocked.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom