What's a hoya ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

What's a hoya ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Good start, then kind of got a little disjointed 3 or 4 minutes in.
  2. Wow! totally different team coming out of the first time out.
  3. Letting G-town get too many really open threes. 8 of 13 in the first half. Improved to 3 of 8 in 2nd half.
  4. Took Martin the better part of the first half to get going again, but he started to look energized late in the half.
  5. 52 points at the half for the good guys.
  6. At half-time, I noted that Georgetown took zero foul shots in the first half. I told my wife that Ewing would work over the refs at the half, and they would get preferential treatment in the 2nd half.
  7. Thought Hawkins played pretty well in very short first half stint, then in a longer run in the 2nd half, he played his best since Auburn. As much as we've seen him mope, it was great to see him smiling tonight. I was really impressed with the assist to Johnson late. Passed up an open three to drop the dime!
  8. Once again, we had a sluggish start to the 2nd half.
  9. Adama is getting much better at the hedge early in the possession. Gets back in the paint much, much quicker than earlier in the year.
  10. Great to see Whaley doing Whaley things!
  11. We shot 50% as a team, and nearly 80% from the FT line. Dominated the glass, 19 to 12 O-boards, 21 to 16 D-Boards, 21 to 11 assists, 6 blocks to 1. (Should have been 7, but for a bad call negating Ajax's 2nd block.) Only 7 TOs to G'town's 11. They did beat us on 3pt percentage though, 52.4 to 41.7
  12. Oh yeah, we had 5 in double figures.
  13. Ajax 5 dimes to one TO!
  14. Only negative I came away from the game with, it we really need to tighten up our 3 point defense. I'm pretty sure that only 1 or 2 of their 11 made threes were not wide open shots.
  15. And finally, Pete Gillen may be the worst color man in college basketball. Ever.

Reaction Score
  3. Letting G-town get too many really open threes. 8 of 13 in the first half. Improved to 3 of 8 in 2nd half.
  4. Took Martin the better part of the first half to get going again, but he started to look energized late in the half.
  6. At half-time, I noted that Georgetown took zero foul shots in the first half. I told my wife that Ewing would work over the refs at the half, and they would get preferential treatment in the 2nd half.
  7. Thought Hawkins played pretty well in very short first half stint, then in a longer run in the 2nd half, he played his best since Auburn. As much as we've seen him mope, it was great to see him smiling tonight. I was really impressed with the assist to Johnson late. Passed up an open three to drop the dime!
  9. Adama is getting much better at the hedge early in the possession. Gets back in the paint much, much quicker than earlier in the year.
  11. We shot 50% as a team, and nearly 80% from the FT line. Dominated the glass, 19 to 12 O-boards, 21 to 16 D-Boards, 21 to 11 assists, 6 blocks to 1. (Should have been 7, but for a bad call negating Ajax's 2nd block.) Only 7 TOs to G'town's 11. They did beat us on 3pt percentage though, 52.4 to 41.7
  14. Only negative I came away from the game with, it we really need to tighten up our 3 point defense. I'm pretty sure that only 1 or 2 of their 11 made threes were not wide open shots.
  15. And finally, Pete Gillen may be the worst color man in college basketball. Ever.
Gillen is better than Bill Walton

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Gillen is better than Bill Walton
portland trail blazers hello GIF by NBA

Reaction Score
I can’t believe Gillen gets paid to speak

Reaction Score
#15. Gillen reminding us that Danny sent Boatright to the first round of the NBA draft

Reaction Score
Pointed out rightly that GTown is young, so next year could be different.

Reaction Score
What was the supermarket line Gillen dropped? Happier then seeing the supermarket open or something? I missed it. He goes to the "carved up like a steak" well a tad too often

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Good breakdown. I’m not certain our perimeter D was as bad as you make it out to be. We did allow a couple open looks but for the most part GT was just hitting miracle shots. Adama has improved in every facet including athleticism. He had a nice dunk on a lob, similar to the St John’s game, I don’t think he could do that last year. If he can consistently dunk lobs that will improve his pro prospects immensely. I like when we run T Martin off screens getting him the ball with steam heading to the basket he almost always converts, gets fouled, or both. Very tough kid who likes contact. Glad to see Jackson cutting down on the turnovers.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Gillen is the worst and it’s no contest. It’s like watching a game with your annoying uncle from RI.

Reaction Score
I guess Walton and Gillen have their own styles.

Walton from the West Coast and Gillen from Brooklyn.

To me, Walton's comments are metaphysical or dreamy and he often talks not about the basketball game itself. At the tournament UConn played at Maui, he constantly talked about the beauty of the island almost like he was promoting the place, and not so much about the game.

Gillen's comments can seem not always directed at the game either, but seem based on where he grew up and what he heard growing up. Stuff that may seem dated or outdated to folks not of his generation. Still, I like his illustrations even though I have to pause for a moment to figure them out.

Not sure exactly what Gillen meant after describing Hurley as being emotional unlike other people when he said most people cry when the supermarket closes and Hurley cries when it opens. Maybe, he meant Hurley is excited he can go in.

Reaction Score
@Improviser I'm with you on Walton regarding watching games he is announcing especially a UConn game. I find him very distracting and annoying however he does sometimes makes me laugh if I watch long enough.

Reaction Score
@Improviser I'm with you on Walton regarding watching games he is announcing especially a UConn game. I find him very distracting and annoying however he does sometimes makes me laugh if I watch long enough.
I do respect an animated personality, @Husky Alien, and his off the wall personality does make me laugh at times. If an announcer was just a monotonal statistics reciter, that would irritate me.

I think Walton reminds me a little of an Anthony Bourdain type with his non-stop chatter, only Bourdain stuck to the script about food and interacted well with the other personalities in the episodes.

Walton is more of a stream of consciousness guy, and sometimes the stream is amusing.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Unconscious people should never go into stream of consciousness mode. It just comes out as random, incoherent rambling.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom