OT - What would you think about Randy showing up on Nov 1 | The Boneyard

OT - What would you think about Randy showing up on Nov 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Maryland plays Penn St - game time TBD

IF it is a night game what would people think if he attended the Jasper Howard Memorial dedication at halftime?
That plane that flew him from Oklahoma to Maryland could probably get him back in plenty of time!

Serioulsy - I think it would be great if he could attend - problem is he wont as he knows there will be boo's and its about Jasper but he is part of that story.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/093014aaa.html

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-jasper-howard-statue-1001-20140930-story.html

Reaction Score
I wouldn't want him there. If he attended I would Boo. Loudly.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I wouldn't want him there. If he attended I would Boo. Loudly.

And thats why he wont come -

Should we tell him to take back his VERY generous donation as well - in your opinion? Or his money is good but his presence is NOT welcome?

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Not a fan of the way he left (at all), but what he did after Jazz's death was all class. He lost a lot that day and he did Jasper's family and the team right. He won't be there, but I wouldn't boo him on that day. Maybe any other day.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
So you start one thread bitching and moaning that this board is dead on a gameday and then start a thread like this.

I really wouldnt have called it bitching and moaning ('F&*^ing board is dead for a game day' was the post) you are a bit over the top at times - but yeah trying to liven up the board...

There's the Jimmy I know - I know you will yell at the TV - why post things that arent true...

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I wouldn't boo. Not the the time for it. We're there to honor Jazz.

I thought Randy's gift to the statue funding was nothing short of class, by the way.

Reaction Score
He should at least be invited.

He was definitely invited along with his entire family but he understandably had to decline. He will be represented through a video and I would hope our fanbase would be mature enough and respectful enough of jazz to not boo. I for one, being very close to this tribute will be cheering for him. If you don't want to cheer, fine but don't boo. This day is about Jazz , not how Randy left.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
He was definitely invited along with his entire family but he understandably had to decline. He will be represented through a video and I would hope our fanbase would be mature enough and respectful enough of jazz to not boo. I for one, being very close to this tribute will be cheering for him. If you don't want to cheer, fine but don't boo. This day is about Jazz , not how Randy left.

Spot on. I was hoping for a video message. I will yell at anyone in my earshot that I hear booing. Not the the time for that.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Thanks for the donation, don't come back unless it"s a conference game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom