"What would I do if I were KO for few games?" | The Boneyard

"What would I do if I were KO for few games?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I'm sure that KO is sitting back and thinking, "What would Dogbreath do if he were the coach?"

We have just about an entire team that needs more minutes to get over the jitters, to help build some confidence, and to determine how ready they are to contribute. I know that winning comes first,even against the weaker teams. I think that this team can become better if, and maybe only if, there are other threats to score besides Bazz and Boat in tougher games. I could see DD becoming one of those guys, but he needs to show a good deal more consistency and a more aggressive approach. Deandre, think "pull up jumper" when you start driving and there is someone in front of you.

OC has been looking better, but may not develop best playing the 3. As soon as he hits a shot, watch out, he will put the next one up right away from anywhere. He is getting blocked fairly often and has struggled at times to get his shot off without forcing it. He has shown a nice left hand when driving to the hoop. Omar is getting the new aspiring star treatment without really having earned it and has been playing more minutes than he should (IMHO). I think it could pay off down the road and that is probably the point, but we also need to see if we could get some others more minutes to see what they can do.

I would like to see some rotating of starters, with Giffey, Wolf, and Nolan getting more of a run. I am becoming discouraged that Giffey is ever going to become more of a playmaker than a secondary glue guy. Ollie has been starting games running plays for Daniels to build confidence and get him going. I would like to see him do some experimenting during the Stony Brook, UNH, Maryland-Eastern Shore (who?), and Fordham games. I'd give Giffey the ball for stretches and have him be the number one guy whose job it is to score or make plays. Wolf needs some time to hopefully learn to make better decisions and avoid foul calls (even if bad calls, he could have avoided a number of them). Start him a couple of times and see if he can play smarter quickly.

Nolan has shown some flashes of potential and he is very quick and runs well for his height. He looked really good on those free throws he made.

Tyler tightens up and has been shooting very poorly. If he loses his calm, his game drops dramatically. I would take him out as soon as this started to try to get him to relax and refocus.

KO, that'll be 5 cents.

What would you losers do if you were KO for a few games?

Reaction Score
Much rather Giffey be shooting 5+ threes a game than anyone else...

Reaction Score
i would at least attempt the 2 big lineup for a while and see how it would go. I think TO would be better as a 4 with another big out there.
Then again, either DD or OC would lose time that way....but neither plays the whole game anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom