What Would Be Your Definition of Success in Fresno? | The Boneyard

What Would Be Your Definition of Success in Fresno?

What Would Be Your Definition of Success in Fresno? Where would you set the bar?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Many of us have different expectations for Saturday. What would make you pleasantly surprised and view the result as success for the Team? Full disclosure: I picked beating the spread.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The outcome to not be over before halftime.

I went with 27 or less. Losing by 5 touchdowns should mean game is basically over by halftime.

I'll beat this drum all year. I just want games that are actually played for 60 minutes by both teams.

I do think UConn will have games this year where they are competitive through first half and in to second half and eventually lack of experienced depth takes over and the final score looks worse than the game actually was for most of it.

I'll go with I know p o r n when I see it.

Reaction Score
This one is tough for me to put a number on. Like most have said, I really just want to be competitive, but it’s entirely possible that the heat wears us down in the fourth quarter and the final score looks worse than it feels.

Reaction Score
If UConn were competitve in the first half (perhaps down by only 7) and then Fresno gradually pulls away in the second half, I think that would be a pleasant surprise.

Reaction Score
If UConn were competitve in the first half (perhaps down by only 7) and then Fresno gradually pulls away in the second half, I think that would be a pleasant surprise.
Success in this game is for us to be with a touchdown or up going into the fourth quarter! Our success will be on ball control and without turnovers. Defensively we have to create some turnovers which has not been one of our traits In recent years

Reaction Score
We have to hold ourselves to standards that mean something. A W is success. Anything else isn’t. A close L is reason to be encouraged. A solid beating is more of the same, and if RE dares to use the layoff as an excuse he should be run out of town.

Reaction Score
Truth be told, I’d be happy just knocking people like this down a notch or two…

-> UConn at Fresno State (-27.5)

This is a dreadful football game. In fact, it's so bad, you absolutely must put your hard-earned money on it so you are able to watch it. While we are thrilled that college football is returning, you're going to need to BYOE (bring your own energy) to this one. I only speak the truth.

UConn did not play football last year because of COVID-19. It's been a minute. The last time we saw the Huskies, however, the results were ghastly.

In fairness, the schedule wasn't kind. Although edging Wagner by three points doesn't help that argument.

Fresno State wasn't a juggernaut last season either. The offense was explosive at times, and many of the key players are back. The defense struggled in chunks of the season, and those issues likely haven't all been addressed.

Is UConn the program capable of exposing Fresno State's holes? Almost certainly not. Fresno does draw No. 11 Oregon the following week, which is a different story.

Let's bring this one full circle. This game is bad. Look for Fresno State to make it unwatchable by the middle of the second quarter, and for us to cash in. <-

Reaction Score
Success in football is winning. Period.

But failing to succeed in this game isn't necessarily meaningful in figuring out where this season is going or if we have improved. And failing to succeed in any particular game doesn't mean that the season or he program is failing.

Reaction Score
I agree that winning is paramount, but I just want to be able to say we belonged on the same field with them. Last few years it was clear we did not most of the time. So if that is the case it will be pretty demoralizing.

Reaction Score
I would like to see UConn in the game going into fourth quarter 10 point up or down that would keep me sitting on the edge of my seat been a while since I been on the edge of my seat watching a UConn game I believe they going to give a good showing

Reaction Score
Many of us have different expectations for Saturday. What would make you pleasantly surprised and view the result as success for the Team? Full disclosure: I picked beating the spread.
Travis has two or three sacks before halftime, or his pressure contributes to sacks by someone else.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
A win would be a successful outcome. Other things, like keeping the score close, are signs of progress but not success. One of the great thing about sports is that "success" is told by the scoreboard. Our year layoff notwithstanding, that is as true for us as it is for every other team.

Reaction Score
We'll beat the spread. We'll also identify who shows up when the action gets real. Our D will surprise Fresno. Look for Omar Fortt to mimic Jamal Adams and be a destructive force on blitzes. Fresno is already game planning for Oregon. If our O line protects, we have a real shot at keeping the game much closer than most expect. I'm big on UConn +27. In fact, I even put a small amount on the UConn money line!

Reaction Score
A win would be a successful outcome. Other things, like keeping the score close, are signs of progress but not success. One of the great thing about sports is that "success" is told by the scoreboard. Our year layoff notwithstanding, that is as true for us as it is for every other team.
After the past few years, I'll be happy with progress. A win at Fresno would be a huge bonus. Want to see a competitive team.

Reaction Score
Apologies to those who insist upon their definition of the word "success". Next time I will phrase it "What result would constitute -- in your mind -- measurable progress for the program?" Will that please everyone? I'll try not to displease the wordsmiths and Boneyard lawyers in the future. ;) ;)

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
After the past few years, I'll be happy with progress. A win at Fresno would be a huge bonus. Want to see a competitive team.
Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy (and relieved) with progress.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I want to be entertained and not fast forward through much of the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom