What will recruiting look like in the future? | The Boneyard

What will recruiting look like in the future?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Interesting, but I agree with the comments from people opposed to the changes to in person contact/home visits/reduced official visits and hours. 1000 transfers surely points out that a lot of mistakes are made by recruits and coaches in the current (pre-covid) system. While zoom and regular telecommunications are great, they are not the same as actual time spent in person and reduction in that time is going to increase uncertainty and mistakes.

I can get an idea of the sites in Rome by looking at endless hours of video on line, but a single day walking the streets gives me a much richer sense of the city and the people - two days gives me an even richer understanding.

Reaction Score
Interesting, but I agree with the comments from people opposed to the changes to in person contact/home visits/reduced official visits and hours. 1000 transfers surely points out that a lot of mistakes are made by recruits and coaches in the current (pre-covid) system. While zoom and regular telecommunications are great, they are not the same as actual time spent in person and reduction in that time is going to increase uncertainty and mistakes.

I can get an idea of the sites in Rome by looking at endless hours of video on line, but a single day walking the streets gives me a much richer sense of the city and the people - two days gives me an even richer understanding.
Be that as it may the best coaches/recruiters will adapt and conquer. Unfortunately there will be a time when recruiters will use the how much longer will Geno coach card. And they will use that card. But not today.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I hope that as we get closer to controlling the virus we take a step back wait and think about a wholesale change in recruiting as well as most things. Changes may be needed and welcome in some areas, but it's almost never beneficial to rush into changes like those talked about without a cooling down period first, then approach changes with a clear and unemotional frame of mind.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
1622919998467.png

Reaction Score
Some programs aren’t going to recruit high school players any more, concentrating on transfers. Similar to baseball, where most teams draft college players.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member