What will hopefully happen in the last three games | The Boneyard

What will hopefully happen in the last three games

Reaction Score
UConn has five games remaining. Home to Seton Hall, home to Providence, road to St John's, home to DePaul on senior day and road at Villanova. If UConn goes 4-1 assuming a loss to Providence, we will be 23-8. What kind of a season do you think it will be with that record? Go UConn

Reaction Score
I want them to go 5-0 too but I'm thinking they will go 4-1. I REALLY want them to go 5-0 and finish at 24-7. GO UCONN

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
UConn has five games remaining. Home to Seton Hall, home to Providence, road to St John's, home to DePaul on senior day and road at Villanova. If UConn goes 4-1 assuming a loss to Providence, we will be 23-8. What kind of a season do you think it will be with that record? Go UConn
Maybe 4-1, but the loss would more likely be at Nova

Reaction Score
If we lose to PC at home than Hurley should pack it in . You simply can’t lose home games to teams of at best equal talent or most likely less .
If he loses that game than he becomes Perno II

The most likely losses are @ St John’s and @ Villanova. We really suck on the road .
St Johns is at MSG so that’s a break
Nova will have the long knives out .

Reaction Score

Why would you assume a loss to Providence?

They haven’t been setting the world on fire lately. Just lost to St. John’s and looked bad doing it. Have dropped 2 of their last 3 and are .500 over their last 8 games.

I expect our guys to get revenge and beat PC.

Reaction Score
If we lose to PC at home than Hurley should pack it in . You simply can’t lose home games to teams of at best equal talent or most likely less .
If he loses that game than he becomes Perno II

The most likely losses are @ St John’s and @ Villanova. We really suck on the road .
St Johns is at MSG so that’s a break
Nova will have the long knives out .

I don’t know what your definition of “suck on the road” is, but we just played the #23 team in the country to a 3-point game and held them to 20 points under their season scoring average on their court. It took 2 absolutely insane 3’s with a man in his face each time by Tre Alexander to beat us. If he misses those shots as would have happened in any normal world, we win that game. But we’re facing likely oases to 2 worse teams?

As for Nova having “the long knives out”, LOL. Villanova doesn’t have any long knives this year. Colorful expression but not factual.

Reaction Score
Nova on the road should be the "toughest" game left IF Nova can post 4 or 5 wins prior....will be a play-in game for them.

So, in your scenario we have Nova facing Providence, Xavier, and Seton Hall all on the road and #23 Creighton at home, and they’re coming away from that with 4-5 wins? How?

This is a Villanova team which lost to DePaul & Butler on the road and struggled to squeak by Seton Hall at home. Their only conference wins are against Georgetown, St. John’s, DePaul, and that 4-point home win over Seton Hall. Where have they given the slightest indication that they can run the gauntlet they’re facing down the stretch and come away with anything close to 4-5 wins?

Reaction Score
After a day of sulking I feel better about our team. Our offense was terrific against #10 Marquette whose strength is defense. Our defense vs #23 and red hot Creighton in a very hostile arena was outstanding. I admit we had some key players not play well offensively Saturday but the team gave it everything they had. Like I said earlier we are not going to lose another game.

Reaction Score
vs. Providence will be tough because Providence is a good team whose best player matches up REALLY well with our guy guarding him

@ Nova will be tough because it’s their senior night and their only 3 home losses so far are Xavier, Marquette, Providence by a COMBINED 15 points

That said, 4-1 should be considered worst case scenario.

vs. Seton Hall should be an easy win. “@“ SJU at MSG should also be a win since that’s 50% our home game too. vs. DePaul is…DePaul. If we lose any of these 3 games, I’ll start entertaining the “sky is falling” narrative

Reaction Score
Its impossible the answer this question.

If its 23-8, we find mojo and win the BEast Tourney and go to an Elite 8, then we are talking 29-9, a major step forward, fighting through midseason adversity to excel.

If its 23-8, lose in semifinals of BEast Tourney, Lose in first weekend tourney, then we are talking 25-10 "Meh", probably a touch underperforming the roster and potential

If its 23-8, flame out completely in both tournaments than its 23-10, red lights flashing stuff from the fanbase

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t know what your definition of “suck on the road” is, but we just played the #23 team in the country to a 3-point game and held them to 20 points under their season scoring average on their court. It took 2 absolutely insane 3’s with a man in his face each time by Tre Alexander to beat us. If he misses those shots as would have happened in any normal world, we win that game. But we’re facing likely oases to 2 worse teams?

As for Nova having “the long knives out”, LOL. Villanova doesn’t have any long knives this year. Colorful expression but not factual.

We find ways to lose on the road. It's a legitimate complaint. It doesn't matter if it's us not hitting shots, defense struggling, we just find ways to lose. They could win out, but would it really stun you if they lost to both St Johns and Nova on the road? Pretty par for the course.

Reaction Score
Win or lose, I really want Dan Hurley and Co. to figure things out, tweak a bit here and there, and ramp up the team for BE and NCAA tourneys.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
The remaining games are certainly all winnable, but I'm expecting them to be tough. They absolutely need to take care of Providence at home and be the tougher team. Period. Also, getting swept by St. John's and Seton Hall cannot be options. The Huskies need to take care of business. Villanova will likely be a grinder, and hopefully we come away with a win.

Reaction Score

We’ve lost yo Xavier, PC , Marquette, Seton Hall , and now Creighton on the road.
The Only road wins , are DePaul , Butler and Georgetown.
What would you call 3-5 beating only dregs . For any UConn team that sucks .
St John’s just beat PC , and Nova is almost at full strength. One destroyed us at home the other played us tough . So thinking those are locks is insane .
I will be more than thrilled if we win all our home games (we will be favored in all three ) and split on the road .
This is shaping up as the most disappointing season since 2012 .
However , However the turnaround of 2011 is always a possibility.

Reaction Score

If its 23-8, we find mojo and win the BEast Tourney and go to an Elite 8, then we are talking 29-9, a major step forward, fighting through midseason adversity to excel.

If its 23-8, lose in semifinals of BEast Tourney, Lose in first weekend tourney, then we are talking 25-10 "Meh", probably a touch underperforming the roster and potential

If its 23-8, flame out completely in both tournaments than its 23-10, red lights flashing stuff from the fanbase
I like this but unless we win the BET, any exit in the first weekend of the tournament is going to be a huge blow after the last two years. Sweet 16 is a good season, Elite 8 is great, and anything less …

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

Hell I would sign up for a 23-8 finish all day! Then let the chips fall where they may.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom