What Will Coach Weist's First Playcall Be? | The Boneyard

What Will Coach Weist's First Playcall Be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Boyle lines up under center (no pistol, no shotgun)- two backs in the i- looks like a power run play. Boyle goes play action with a beautiful fake, sucks in the line backers, gets a receiver crossing behind them, 18 yards and a 1st down. Sets the tone and we destroy USF 28 - 7.

Hows that?

Reaction Score
Everyone is expecting a strong dose of running to protect Boyle so the first play, you would expect, to be a run.

Seeing that everyone is expecting run, a pass to start the game would be a great call. But everyone would expect that so my guess is they go back to the run. :cool:

The key to the rest of the season is the running game so I would expect TJ to call the run quite a bit. Take advantage of the home field, before we go 4 out of 5 on the road, and run, run, run. With USF banged up at RB and QB one would hope we can contain them and keep it low scoring.

An ugly win would satisfy me. I had predicted a 24-10 win but I'm thinking the FG unit gets called on a lot on Saturday.

19-13 might be more like it.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
My guess is that the first play call for TJW as a head coach is either a kick return call or a deep kickoff call. Just a hunch!:p

Reaction Score
Quick slant to Foxx from the slot, a short 5yrd gainer to get Boyle his first completion early. Followed by a power run to the right, with Davis locking down his corner on a great block for another UConn first down.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
How about that crazy lateral pass back to the QB that Cincy pulled on us last year? :)

(NOT ON YOUR LIFE, BTW)

Reaction Score
Everyone is expecting a strong dose of running to protect Boyle so the first play, you would expect, to be a run.

Seeing that everyone is expecting run, a pass to start the game would be a great call. But everyone would expect that so my guess is they go back to the run. :cool:

The key to the rest of the season is the running game so I would expect TJ to call the run quite a bit. Take advantage of the home field, before we go 4 out of 5 on the road, and run, run, run. With USF banged up at RB and QB one would hope we can contain them and keep it low scoring.

An ugly win would satisfy me. I had predicted a 24-10 win but I'm thinking the FG unit gets called on a lot on Saturday.

19-13 might be more like it.

You'd think that they have thought about that, and then realized that since we've been able to pass so far this season, that we might want to use the pass to set up the run, instead of the run to set up the pass, and start with a screen pass dumpoff. Then thinking about that, that's so easy to predict, that they would defend the screen right off the bat, so that we should play action fake the screen and go deep.

Flea-flicker it is.

Reaction Score
I actually have a pretty good idea I think about what we we'll run, but I'll pass on saying it.

Reaction Score
Boyle fumbles the handoff, picks up the ball stiff arms a lb and runs out of bounds for 11 and a FIRST DOWN. That sets the tone for a big win.

Reaction Score
Air it out. Go for that WTF moment. If it doesn't work, so what?Get down to business.

Reaction Score
I don't care if he punts as long as it's not McComb's up the middle.
With a quantum improvement in the OL if McComb goes up the middle for 18 yards. Driving USF off the line would be the best sign.

Reaction Score
Seriously?

I think I know we'll RUN....but I'll PASS on saying it??

Run to set up the pass - pass to set up the run......chicken or the egg........

Facepalm.

Double facepalm.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
fake the pitch to the left and throw back to the right for a nice gain.

Reaction Score
Definitely a run play that they've practiced with angle smash-mouth blocking. They will run for the entire first series to give the O-Line a better feel for the newly installed blocking assignments. We won't see a pass until we make a first down running or if we go three and out on the first series. Don't be shocked to see Boyle faking a handoff and running on the first play to get him acclimated to the contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom