What we learned today. | The Boneyard

What we learned today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Desperately need another PG next year, Junior college, 5th senior. Can't just point to Adams as the solution.
Cassell is having a horrible year. KO does not trust him on the floor because of his defense. He is giving almost nothing on the offensive end.
TS is not the answer at PG. OK off the bench as a defender but except very little on offense. Just not an assist man.
Hamilton has a ton of potential but plays a lot like a freshman, 6 TO's today, 8 TO's a couple of games ago. Erratic shot maker. Takes way too many difficult shots in the paint, low % shots. However he is the only player who looks to feed AB on the lobs.
RP still has a long way to go to be the player we thought he would be or needs to be. Played very poor offensively but worst defensively today. Also he never looks to feed AB.
Need to run some set plays for KF, he should play a larger role in our offense. Same for AB.
We do not do a very good job of feeding the post. Poor angles, never a bounce pass, need a lot of work.
Nolan is great at taking charges, two today. However his offensive game has not improved maybe even regressed.
Not sure why KO didn't go back to OC, he was playing playing hard on both ends of the floor.
DH, please some one tell him that's not how you miss a foul shot on purpose! Junior high stuff.
AB you can't catch the ball on a jump ball. Both very low basketball IQ plays.
The obvious, we are in deep trouble without RB. Can't stress how bad we need him.

Reaction Score
we learned that this team stinks.
there is a severe lack of talent in the front court and back court.
i blame ollie and his staff.
gonna be a long time before we are good again unless they recruit some real talent.

Reaction Score
Desperately need another PG next year, Junior college, 5th senior. Can't just point to Adams as the solution.
Cassell is having a horrible year. KO does not trust him on the floor because of his defense. He is giving almost nothing on the offensive end.
TS is not the answer at PG. OK off the bench as a defender but except very little on offense. Just not an assist man.
Hamilton has a ton of potential but plays a lot like a freshman, 6 TO's today, 8 TO's a couple of games ago. Erratic shot maker. Takes way too many difficult shots in the paint, low % shots. However he is the only player who looks to feed AB on the lobs.
RP still has a long way to go to be the player we thought he would be or needs to be. Played very poor offensively but worst defensively today. Also he never looks to feed AB.
Need to run some set plays for KF, he should play a larger role in our offense. Same for AB.
We do not do a very good job of feeding the post. Poor angles, never a bounce pass, need a lot of work.
Nolan is great at taking charges, two today. However his offensive game has not improved maybe even regressed.
Not sure why KO didn't go back to OC, he was playing playing hard on both ends of the floor.
DH, please some one tell him that's not how you miss a foul shot on purpose! Junior high stuff.
The obvious, we are in deep trouble without RB. Can't stress how bad we need him.
Agreed. One revision Cassell is giving us nothing on offense. Omar tried to play once cut but his vision was impaired.

Reaction Score
gonna be a long time before we are good again unless they recruit some real talent.
Q9C6i4b.jpeg

Reaction Score
I learned we need Ryan Boatright, and thats pretty much it. If Napier goes down for any length of time last year, we probably don't even make the make the tournament. We need a healthy Boat, or its going to be a long season.

Reaction Score

Or maybe we are a young team who was missing our best player and the leader of our team? We have a severe lack of talent in the front court? Do you not consider Kentan and Amida talented players?
You sound like one miserable person and your entire doom and gloom narrative on this board is nauseating.

Reaction Score
Short answer is we desperately need Boat. We are lost without him and his ability to create. Am beginning to be worried about his capacity to endure the physical play he is going to face game in and game out. Until this year he shared the role with Shabazz and they both got banged around. No wonder KO is looking for bigger guards.
Yes, Adams will need a capable backup next year.

Reaction Score
WeAreUCONN said:
we learned that this team stinks. there is a severe lack of talent in the front court and back court. i blame ollie and his staff. gonna be a long time before we are good again unless they recruit some real talent.

I only hope you bring more to real life than you bring to this board.

Reaction Score
This guy really does not seem to know much and his post contributes nothing. Ban him.

Reaction Score
I learned we need Ryan Boatright, and thats pretty much it. If Napier goes down for any length of time last year, we probably don't even make the make the tournament. We need a healthy Boat, or its going to be a long season.
1. It's already a long season
2. Even with Boat at 100%, it will be nail biting down the stretch, we were getting beat before he went out
3. Pray that our guards find and swallow a magic shooting pill
4. We need to recruit a good or even decent shooting guard

Reaction Score

This should be in the dictionary next to Bad Post. It's got everything: Nasty and terse blanket statements, utterly brainless nonconstructive criticism, reflexively throwing the coach and entire staff under the bus and then shoveling dirt on the program's grave, all in just four lines. Bravo!

Reaction Score
We learned that besides the student section no one cared to cheer on the team until the last 2.

Reaction Score

If we had one reliable outside shooter, you could throw this post away.

Reaction Score
Man, I wonder what you had to say about a year ago when we lost back to back games against Houston and SMU, looking much worse as a team in each of them than we did today.

Unfortunately we won't know because you're just a bandwagon fan who joined the board the day we beat Michigan St. to go to the Final Four.

Reaction Score

Like most but while Rodney was not good at all on O his defense has been better - on man. Off man, not too good but none of them are. His rebounding, he gets lost weak side and needs to rebound better for sure. But his defense wasn't too bad on the ball at all. The ones who got beat really bad were SamJr and Omar, Phil saved Omar on one with a charge but he couldn't guard 25 and Sam needs to work on his feet or his playing time will not be what he expects. Too slow.

Reaction Score
We also learned the referees in our conference suck. Both ways mind you and we're really lucky they swallowed those peas on the last play of OT because both of those should have been called, I would have been fuming of I was an Owl fan.

Oh yeah, but I didn't feel bad watching Amida take 3 1/2 steps for the dunk LOL.......I've seen Okafor for Duke basket hang and get about 5 of those this year without dribbling the damn thing and one was on 4 steps!

Reaction Score

well said ..a few to add
need to learn how to defend the inbounds play.
Brimah needs to see the ball more on the box..we don't look to feed him enough
RP is not a great outside shooter, he needs to catch the ball moving toward the basket, come off a screen, flash to the middle, he is fantastic on the break
Calhoun is coming along

we really don't have enough people to really count on that can put the ball in the hoop. we look confused at times on offense
so waiting for someone to step up this year consistently (RP/ OC) ?

next couple of weeks are critical

we are going to pull it together..we'll get there !

Reaction Score
We also learned the referees in our conference suck. Both ways mind you and we're really lucky they swallowed those peas on the last play of OT because both of those should have been called, I would have been fuming of I was an Owl fan.

Oh yeah, but I didn't feel bad watching Amida take 3 1/2 steps for the dunk LOL..I've seen Okafor for Duke basket hang and get about 5 of those this year without dribbling the damn thing and one was on 4 steps!

on the dunk where Brimah got fouled? IIRC he didn't walk on that, might be wrong though...might have been the play of the year for us btw :)

Reaction Score
I agree with the OP. Time to run more set plays for Kentan on offense.

Reaction Score
on the dunk where Brimah got fouled? IIRC he didn't walk on that, might be wrong though...might have been the play of the year for us btw :)

Oh he walked on the dunk ahead of the court for sure. I have cash to throw on that LOL

Reaction Score
Hysteria said:

First half - he walked. Although you can split hairs on when he technically established possession and try to say it was two steps from there, but it'd be reaching.

Reaction Score
Oh he walked on the dunk ahead of the court for sure. I have cash to throw on that LOL

Oops where "he got fouled"? No he didn't on that one. I meant the one in the first half when DHam threw the long pass to him......sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom