What we are missing | The Boneyard

What we are missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Gilbert should be good, and I'm looking forward to his arrival.

And I think that this thread speaks to a larger point: One thing we're missing is a killer, 1-through-5 defensive lineup. A group you can throw out there for 4 or 5 minutes and know that they are just going to grind the other team to dust, taking any rhythm out of the game.

Hopefully next year it looks something like this:

Gilbert, Adams, Larrier, Diarra, Brimah

That said, "killer defensive lineups" rarely have two freshmen, and the advanced defensive metrics didn't like Larrier at all last year.

Reaction Score
we are missing some bonnafide scoring and rebounding bigs. It has been a problem for like the past 5 seasons.

Reaction Score
Gilbert should be good, and I'm looking forward to his arrival.

And I think that this thread speaks to a larger point: One thing we're missing is a killer, 1-through-5 defensive lineup. A group you can throw out there for 4 or 5 minutes and know that they are just going to grind the other team to dust, taking any rhythm out of the game.

Hopefully next year it looks something like this:

Gilbert, Adams, Larrier, Diarra, Brimah

That said, "killer defensive lineups" rarely have two freshmen, and the advanced defensive metrics didn't like Larrier at all last year.
I hope we have enough talent at the 5 where Brimah is off the bench. I know, it's a dream.

Reaction Score
In c
Yeah, I'm content with serviceable bigs, provided we have elite college guards. Give me elite guards everyday of the week.
In college elite guards beat talented bigs 99 times out of 100. We lack a guy with a killer instinct and the ability to deliver on it.

Reaction Score
Jaylen had similar mixtapes. Just sayin . . . . . . . . . . . .

Reaction Score
Looks small like 5-9
He is but he's quicker and more explosive than anyone on our team. The biggest thing is he's a pure point alpha dog, something this team is sorely lacking. A Gilbert/Adams backcourt with Hamilton on the wing has me salivating. Not giving up on this team but I really think this kid has "it".

Reaction Score
Jaylen had similar mixtapes. Just sayin . . . . . . . . . . . .
No he didn't, totally different players. Jalen was a combo transitioning to a point guard and just doesn't have the quickness laterally that Alterique has. Not knocking Adams because I think he will be a stud.

Reaction Score
No he didn't, totally different players. Jalen was a combo transitioning to a point guard and just doesn't have the quickness laterally that Alterique has. Not knocking Adams because I think he will be a stud.
Mixtapes are unrealistic to me. The kid is in high school and we are basing expectations off of highlights. We did do that for Adams as well.

Superjohn you know its unrealistic for freshman to easily adjust to Div 1 speed and play and to look like they do on these videos. I just don't think it's fair to AG.

Reaction Score

Not sure how anyone can watch Adams at this point and not think he's the most explosive and decisive guard on the team already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom