What was our most frustrating loss? | The Boneyard

What was our most frustrating loss?

What was our most frustrating loss this year?

• Xavier- Away

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Providence

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Seton Hall

Votes: 60 50.0%
  • Marquette

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • St. John’s

Votes: 46 38.3%
  • Xavier- Home

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Last night was certainly frustrating since we battled back but just couldn’t get over the hump and dig ourselves out of the first half hole. I was also frustrated vs. Seton Hall because we controlled that game literally until the last couple minutes. St. John’s was probably the most frustrating to me because we seemingly didn’t show up against a team we should have beaten easily. Which loss was the most frustrating in your opinion this year and why?

Reaction Score
You could make an argument for any of these. Seton Hall, us being up 17 in the first and then collapsing in the 2nd is a very high one (could be the highest). Marquette is def up there for me. They were extremely beatable and we had something working when we had Clingan in the game, unfortunately when we were up 11 or whatever, DH decided to take out the thing that was working and we fell back down.

Reaction Score
we're not a better team than xavier. at marquette and pc werent bad losses either. they were only frustrating at the time because we thought we were a better team than we are.

but losing the big lead at hall and giving up 85 to sju at home are definitely frustrating.

Reaction Score
By far seton hall, X last night might come 2nd for me just because we played so well down the stretch that if our shortcomings from the FT line or miserable shooting and shot choices in the first 5 minutes didn’t leave us in such a hole we would’ve been in a position to win. St. John’s loss was frustrating but we played like crap and were down for much of the end. Seton hall was stolen from us, the referees were trash. Last night at least we had inspiring play to leave us sad or dejected but not as disappointed or concerned for the future.

We’ve GOT to win close games, so hopefully the coin will flip the other way when we truly need it to keep our season alive

Reaction Score
Seton Hall for sure but a loss by double digits at home to St. John’s is probably the low point.

Reaction Score
Not sure any one is more frustrating than any of the others. Each one was frustrating it's own way.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall due to the breakdown but St Johns is when we looked the worst. Looked mediocre for 80% of that game, at least Seton Hall first half looked great

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Voted St. John's. Losing at home to a team that you should dominate, but let them dominate you from start to finish is tough to watch. I had to shut it off.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
St. Johns and Seton Hall were both unacceptable. PC was frustrating for other reasons. All three worse than last night.

Reaction Score
at gtownWe were fortunate to beat GT in Hartford and DePaul might be better than GT . The league obviously saw how to expose us and we become very ordinary.
Those would be great wins .
But both these games are potential losses the way we’re playing
However from my prospective home losses in league are always tougher to take. If talent is close the home team should win.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
How can it not be Seton Hall? To be up 17 and to lose on an offensive rebound buzzer beater for the halls first lead of the game?

Reaction Score
St John’s was a disaster. Outclassed from the HC all the way down to the 13th man vs a dumpster of a program. At home. In a “need it” game. I felt incredibly disconnected from this team emotionally after that loss. Still struggling to get back into but last night was sick.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Metrics say we win that game on a neutral court.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I feel like a kid who got nothing he wanted for Christmas right now. How much longer can I defend this team to friends and family who ask me "what's wrong with your Huskies?" I'll go through the wall for them, but damn it's getting rough.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Letting St John's push us around

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Every single loss is frustrating. Watching how we played early in the season and dominated some pretty good teams vs how we’re playing now is frustrating. We play great for stretches and then seem to forget basic fundamentals for others. I can’t ever remember having such a Jekyll & Hyde season quite like this one.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
St Johns was embarrassing because they are a legit BAD team. Seton Hall was demoralizing. Pick your poison
Yeah they’re all bad. All of them, but agreed. St John’s at home was the worst.

All of the losses are demoralizing. We got our butts kicked in every loss

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom