What the heck is up w this inbounds play? | The Boneyard

What the heck is up w this inbounds play?

Reaction Score
That one was kind of lame because they just all lined up and passed it in. After made baskets you can have as many inbouners as you want, and can pass it as many times as you want within your 5 seconds.

After a made basket, it's fun to use multiple inbounder plays. It can be really helpful to throw off a press that's been beating you up. My personal favorite trick play is to

1. Set up 4 across at the elbows and sidelines
2. Have one of the elbows step out of bounds... original inboudner passes it to him
3. Original inbounder runs through a double screen from the remains guys on the court for a long pass

Good option if the other team is pressing and you've got maybe 10 seconds on the clock and want a layup... Only used it once and got a good shot off, though my player did blow the layup.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Everyone wants to be like TB12 in Tampa Bay. ?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It was done in a men's game over the weekend, I don't recall which, but right after that play they showed a clip of another men's team having done it in the past, so it's not entirely new.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
never seen this before...

I’ve seen multiple inbounders after a made basket, but this particular set sure didn’t accomplish a heckuva lot. Although I guess there’s no context as to how they had been handling the press before that. You can have some cool looking plays using multiple inbounders (if done right).

@husky429 That play sounds great, more along the lines of the trickery I’ve seen. Feel bad for that poor kid who missed the layup ?‍♂️. Was the other team thrown off by it or did the double screen just get the job done (or both)?

Reaction Score
I’ve seen multiple inbounders after a made basket, but this particular set sure didn’t accomplish a heckuva lot. Although I guess there’s no context as to how they had been handling the press before that. You can have some cool looking plays using multiple inbounders (if done right).

@husky429 That play sounds great, more along the lines of the trickery I’ve seen. Feel bad for that poor kid who missed the layup ?‍♂️. Was the other team thrown off by it or did the double screen just get the job done (or both)?

If I recall correctly, one of the other team's players yelled at The ref which led to the open layup. So unclear how effective it is, lol.

He felt bad. You try to tell the kid we got an open look, that's all that matters.. but they take it personally regardless

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom