What The Heck Is A Hoya? An Easy Win | The Boneyard

What The Heck Is A Hoya? An Easy Win

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Wouldn't have touched -17 but congrats for those who did.

Can't criticize anything.

Student section looked great.

Cole played distributor.

Everyone got theirs.

Jackson got called for a BS foul with that block in second half. Uconn needs to keep sending film to BE office because he seems to get one foul game called on him which is a phantom call. Refs assume he can't do what he does and blow the whistle.

All good.

Hawk's J? Sweet.

IW with O rebounds and scoring? Good.

Polley is lethal breaking the press with the hockey assists all season. He catches, turns and gets rid of the ball giv8ng UConn 2 on 1 breaks.

Sanogo was more yeoman than dominant but took care of business.

I missed a bunch but who cares? It was an easy win and it's on to DePaul. Get out of northeast on Thursday before storm rolls up east coast.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
it's funny because you don't think of polley as a great (or even good) passer, but he has been really effective breaking the press since the bahamas. good bball iq and it helps to be able to see over the defense, i guess.

Hockey assists against the press.

Reaction Score
Hawkins sure can put points up quick. Maybe he's more comfortable out there?
Still has an unreliable handle as he almost lost the ball a couple times tonight. All good. Kid has a sweet shot. Im really thrilled with Whaley. Hes playing up to the level he was last season. He plays like that the rest of the season and this team is a problem.

Reaction Score
Hawkins sure can put points up quick. Maybe he's more comfortable out there?
His totals have surprised me on several occasions. I find myself saying, “when did he score all of those points?” Agreed he is starting to look more comfortable and playing with better pace recently. His shot looked smooth and he also had a couple great assists tonight.

Reaction Score
Polley also has been much more aggressive defensively since the team returned from the covid pause. He absolutely stuffed a shot attempt at the rim in the second half.

Also, a number of occasions tonight where Polley baited his defender to the perimeter, allowing a teammate to slip under the defense and receive passes for easy buckets. Even when he isn’t shooting, he can affect games.

Reaction Score
Still has an unreliable handle as he almost lost the ball a couple times tonight. All good. Kid has a sweet shot. Im really thrilled with Whaley. Hes playing up to the level he was last season. He plays like that the rest of the season and this team is a problem.
Hawkins had 2 beautiful assists. Confidence is a big thing for this kid. He can total up points faster than anyone when he’s on. Reminds me of Bouk on offense.

Reaction Score
Hawkins had 2 beautiful assists. Confidence is a big thing for this kid. He can total up points faster than anyone when he’s on. Reminds me of Bouk on offense.
Doesnt remind me at all of Bouk. At this point him coming off the bench and putting up a quick 15 reminds me of Rashad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom