What the Elite Want for Christmas

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I'd say this take on UConn is pretty insulting

What they have: name recognition and Geno Auriemma’s coaching experience.

With takes like that, the next part should be easy

What they want: to keep the chip on their shoulder for the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
Right now, it seems that women's basketball is very close in terms of skills and risks. Everyone seems to have "bad" days or chinks in their armor that can be penetrated by a worthy adversary. UConn in putting together this year's team may have a few bad days against top competition, but all in all, does not seem to be any worse or any better than the rest of them.

By watching, the UConn Team play, it is pleasing to see individuals emerging with outstanding play and only getting better as the season progresses. Look at Olivia, Aubrey and Walker. The others are also stepping up. I am impressed with Molly and Kyla as well.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Approaching this season I was apprehensive and doubtful that we could bring forth a FF team. I like that these young women have proven my concerns to be unwarranted. Yes, we have issues in areas and need work. But, when all is said and done, they have stepped up as a team. Different players have shone in each game. Crystal is still healing and I am concerned for her health, turn overs are very concerning, but they play on and are undeterred. I believe sports writers are chagrined that we are atop the polls and can only offer "name recognition etc". I take (sports writers) their inability to figure out who our kids are with much "joy in my heart", as the season would dictate. I know we probably don't go undefeated this year, but they have already eased my mind as to what they CAN accomplish.
I hope we all just enjoy the ride and continue to cheer them on and pray for good health and great grades. That after all, is what they are in school for!? :)

Reaction Score
I hope the ladies carry the chips right on through the final four. Maybe a new piece to the garb / paraphernalia line? A nice little shoulder bag done up in National Flag blue and white. ;)

1577205737059.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom