What' the deal with Ralph Carter/Raphael Chillious name stuff? | The Boneyard

What' the deal with Ralph Carter/Raphael Chillious name stuff?

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure it's the same guy. Graduated from Lafayette in 1996. Does anyone know the story of how and why the name change?

Just to mention it. Since this has no relationship to the other thread and I didn't want to hi-jack it, I created this thread for the information I'm curious about.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
This is what I found -

The Preppy Pipeline | Columbia Sports Journalism

"
Carter played a year of professional basketball in Canada and then for the University of Victoria program, where he was studying for his master’s degree in coaching studies. He began referring to himself more as Raphael Chillious, his given name [Carter, his mother’s maiden name, had been the name he assumed after her passing].
He was Raphael Chillious when he returned to West Nottingham in 2001, this time to start a prep basketball team that would travel nationally and compete against other top programs. He brought in Josh Boone, a 6-foot-8 center from Mount Airy, MD, and Cheyenne Moore, an athletic forward from Baltimore, both of whom were highly ranked prospects, and a roster filled with talented postgraduates from around the country......"

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
He also had a brief singing career with a more noticeable acting career in the 70's. apparently he and his brother JJ and sister Thelma didn't get along but they made a way when they could.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
He also had a brief singing career with a more noticeable acting career in the 70's. apparently he and his brother JJ and sister Thelma didn't get along but they made a way when they could.

Ain't we lucky we got 'em...Good Times!

Reaction Score
This is what I found -

The Preppy Pipeline | Columbia Sports Journalism

"
Carter played a year of professional basketball in Canada and then for the University of Victoria program, where he was studying for his master’s degree in coaching studies. He began referring to himself more as Raphael Chillious, his given name [Carter, his mother’s maiden name, had been the name he assumed after her passing].
He was Raphael Chillious when he returned to West Nottingham in 2001, this time to start a prep basketball team that would travel nationally and compete against other top programs. He brought in Josh Boone, a 6-foot-8 center from Mount Airy, MD, and Cheyenne Moore, an athletic forward from Baltimore, both of whom were highly ranked prospects, and a roster filled with talented postgraduates from around the country."

Thank you, appreciate it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom