What team is most likely to make the tourney first? | The Boneyard

What team is most likely to make the tourney first?

Who is most likely to make the tourney first?

• Uconn

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • Arizona

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • UCLA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indiana

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Memphis

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • NC State

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Georgetown

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • West Virginia

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Wichita St

Votes: 14 17.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Reaction Score
There were a lot of teams with rich histories, or otherwise well known teams that did not make the big dance this year (or in the case of WSU, just a really good coach). What teams (pick one or two) are most likely to make it the soonest, in your opinion? You won't lose points as a Uconn fan if you do not pick them if you feel like two others listed are likely to make it ahead of Uconn.

Reaction Score
I took Georgetown. THat backcourt is gonna be money for a couple of years and have to figure Ewing will coach up the bigs. Plus the Big East sucks.

Reaction Score
If Arizona is eligible and Sean Miller is still the coach then they should be a relatively high seed next year

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
NC State should have made the tournament this year. Vastly superior to ASU, Temple and St John in Dayton alone.

Reaction Score
NC State should have made the tournament this year. Vastly superior to ASU, Temple and St John in Dayton alone.
They scored 24 points in a 40-minute game. They were vastly superior to no one.

Reaction Score
Yeah because the resumes are 40 min. Cinci lost at home to ECU for example. Should they be out?
Resumes are a a collection of 40 minutes. Between the awful non-conference, the 24 point game, and the inexplicable losses, State has shown that the teams it’s “vastly superior” to is small and does not include bubble teams.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Resumes are a a collection of 40 minutes. Between the awful non-conference, the 24 point game, and the inexplicable losses, State has shown that the teams it’s “vastly superior” to is small and does not include bubble teams.

They are much better than Temple, St John’s and Arizona State.

Put them on a neutral court and see where the line is.

Reaction Score
Memphis/WSU.

I suppose I am biased towards the American but I honestly think these 2 programs are better than the others. Memphis is loaded with incoming taken and WSU proved that Mitchell is a damn good coach. They are losing 2 key players but my gut tells me it doesn’t make a difference.

Reaction Score
They are much better than Temple, St John’s and Arizona State.

Put them on a neutral court and see where the line is.
They just squeezed by Harvard at home. They just lost to Georgia Tech at home. I’m unsure what team you think State is, but I think you are off. They could beat those teams or they could not. They are an enigmatic mess, par for the norm for these bubble teams.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think UConn, WSU, Memphis and Texas will all make it next year. NC State and IU have a shot as well.

Reaction Score
And in the context of this thread, they could be losing a lot off this year’s team. Much depends on Markell.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They just squeezed by Harvard at home. They just lost to Georgia Tech at home. I’m unsure what team you think State is, but I think you are off. They could beat those teams or they could not. They are an enigmatic mess, par for the norm for these bubble teams.

The quantitative difference between NCSU and Temple is identical to the quantitative difference between UCF and West Virginia.

There is a reason they are way ahead of those teams in computer metrics and it’s because they are better.

NCSU isn’t good. St John’s and Arizona State are worse.

At the end of the day it didn’t really matter because none of the teams were going to make any noise but if you want the best teams in the tourney there is a difference between them.

Reaction Score
Picked Arizona -- hard to see them being down for very long. I expect Memphis to get there next year as well, probably one or two others.

Reaction Score
State looks better on paper than the court, on that we can agree. I think this was their best shot at the tournament for a couple of years. Keatts needs to start recruiting and skipping the transfers.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Memphis/WVU
Memphis is so loaded next year that they don't need a coach
Anyone who thinks that Huggie is not going to bounce back is crazy

Reaction Score
Memphis/WVU
Memphis is so loaded next year that they don't need a coach
Anyone who thinks that Huggie is not going to bounce back is crazy
Emmitt Matthews is the next Durant!

Online statistics