What some WNBA hopefuls are saying about Ania | The Boneyard

What some WNBA hopefuls are saying about Ania

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
UConn recruit Makurat praised by Sun hopeful Cannon
UConn recruit Makurat praised by Sun hopeful Cannon
"Emma Cannon will turn 30 on June 1. But she has almost a mother’s pride when she talks about Ania Makurat, her 18-year-old teammate with Arka Gydnia of Poland’s top professional league."

"Rebecca Allen of the New York Liberty was also a member of Arka Gydnia and it was her injury that opened up a spot in the starting lineup for Makurat."

“Her playing with and against bigger, stronger, older opponents will help Ania immensely,” Cannon said. “That’s something a lot of players coming into college for the first time won’t have. But once Geno gets done with her with those college workouts where she’s actually in the weight room, gets into great shape, she’s going to do great.”

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Is she definitely coming to UCONN?

As sure as possible.

Polish guard Ania Makurat excited to play for ‘rock star’ Geno Auriemma at UConn

Makurat signed her National Letter of Intent on Easter but wanted to wait until her season was over to announce her commitment. She did so on Instagram, writing, “I am incredibly grateful and happy to announce that I committed to the University of Connecticut finally. Those who know me well, know what an incredible journey it was to reach this very moment. I can’t wait for the next chapter! … Today I want to tell all young players in Poland that it is worth setting goals, aiming for them and believing in what is “impossible.” Work hard and believe in your dreams! Let’s go Huskies.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom