What Player Will Make a Jump? | The Boneyard

What Player Will Make a Jump?

Reaction Score
Sid has great athleticism. IF he starts to really understand the game and improves his handle, he could go from a guy with an occasional highlight to a true impact player. I know they play totally different positions, but Shabazz would be a great mentor for Sid if that is legal and can be arranged.

Reaction Score
should be alterique, no? played a (mostly) full season for the first time, now will have a (mostly) healthy off-season to work. if he makes a big jump with his shooting and decision-making, everyone else will get a little better by default.

Reaction Score
I wish I could say Wilson, since he has the highest ceiling, but what I've seen in terms of basketball IQ doesn't suggest he'll pick up the intuition, concepts, and skill needed to be a go-to player.

I'm going to go with Gilbert. We saw flashes this year, but now it will clearly be his team, and he has the intelligence and toughness to lead this program into a new era of winning under Hurley.

Reaction Score
The constraint on a "jump" next year will be playing time. Except for AG, none of the jump candidates is likely to get the playing time needed to show Carlton-like improvement.

Sid will be contending with Vital and Bouknight at the 3, which may force him over to the 4, where I expect Akok and a healthy Diarra will already have pushed Polley to the bench. Diarra, despite his height disadvantage has absolutely the best shot to be first backup at the 4/5.

All this is complicated by the fact that Gaffney is likely to earn his way into the starting lineup alongside AG. This will create the crowd scene at the 3 and diminish playing time for each of the candidates.

Net-net, the biggest jumps are likely to be made by players already solid in their positions; namely, AG and Josh. If there's a wild card jump, it's Diarra.

Reaction Score
The constraint on a "jump" next year will be playing time. Except for AG, none of the jump candidates is likely to get the playing time needed to show Carlton-like improvement.

Sid will be contending with Vital and Bouknight at the 3, which may force him over to the 4, where I expect Akok and a healthy Diarra will already have pushed Polley to the bench. Diarra, despite his height disadvantage has absolutely the best shot to be first backup at the 4/5.

All this is complicated by the fact that Gaffney is likely to earn his way into the starting lineup alongside AG. This will create the crowd scene at the 3 and diminish playing time for each of the candidates.

Net-net, the biggest jumps are likely to be made by players already solid in their positions; namely, AG and Josh. If there's a wild card jump, it's Diarra.

I would not expect much from Diarra at all. There are serious questions on if he will ever be healthy enough to play basketball again. After 3 years we still basically no idea what Diarra is capable of.

Based on athleticism and the gap between his current level of play and his ceiling I would expect Sid to make a jump but it will all depend on how much time is spent working on his craft.

I am a huge Vital fan but how high is his ceiling. Can we expect a big improvement from him?

My money is Josh though. If he stays on his current development trajectory he has the potential to be a first team All AAC his senior year.

Reaction Score
It needs to be AG first and then either polley or akok for the season to be a success.

What about CV? He works the hardest on the team and helps us win every game we win.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Alterique needs to be more efficient. If Sid can make a jump then we’ll be in a good spot. We get both of those to happen we’ll surprise people.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Everyone's sleeping on BADAMS.
Brendan literally couldn’t shoot straight last season, he’s far from having a big role if he can’t even do what he was heralded for in HS.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Brendan literally couldn’t shoot straight last season, he’s far from having a big role if he can’t even do what he was heralded for in HS.
Freshmen 3* guys typically aren't quite ready for the speed of D1 basketball their first year.
He will turn into a nice player I think. He's big for a guard, athletic and has a good shot form. It will all come along and he will turn into a very nice rotational piece, at the very least. He has all the tools to be good, with some proper coaching, which he will receive.

Reaction Score
Brendan Adams showed last year a few times where he took it to the rack. I would look for him to be much improved, better 3 point shooting and the ability and aggressiveness to drive, then pull up and shoot, dish, or go right to the rack. He has good size, 6:5. One of the reasons Hurley recruited him is that he works.

Maybe it takes him two years to make this jump, but he's gonna get better.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom