What player leads the nation in A/TO ratio? | The Boneyard

What player leads the nation in A/TO ratio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
From Carl:

"Through 10 games, Faris is averaging 9.4 points, 3.5 rebounds, 4.2 assists, and 2.6 steals. She tops the Big East and the nation in assist-to-turnover ratio (4.7) and leads the league in field-goal percentage (61.4). She’s also fifth in the Big East in 3-point shooting percentage (44.0) and seventh in assists and steals."

"In 125 career games, the Plainfield, Ind., native has 804 points, 633 rebounds, 431 assists, and 224 steals. Only one UConn player has finished with 1,000 points, 750 rebounds, 500 assists, and 250 steals — three-time Wade Trophy winner Maya Moore."

Kelly leading the BE in FG%. I love it!

Reaction Score
If she keeps coming up with huge games against other All-Americans (see Maryland and Penn State), she's going to get her name up on the Wall for certain. The national media has taken notice (ESPN had some very nice things to say about her after both games) and that's a very important factor in her favor.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
If she keeps coming up with huge games against other All-Americans (see Maryland and Penn State), she's going to get her name up on the Wall for certain. The national media has taken notice (ESPN had some very nice things to say about her after both games) and that's a very important factor in her favor.

Dunno exactly what the "wall" criteria is, but Geno and the rest of us already have her on a well-deserved pedestal.

Reaction Score
Dunno exactly what the "wall" criteria is, but Geno and the rest of us already have her on a well-deserved pedestal.

The Wall is reserved for first-team All-Americans by one of the major outlets.

Reaction Score
The Wall is reserved for first-team All-Americans by one of the major outlets.

And as much as anyone who has watched her play for UConn over the past four years knows she deserves that honor, she needs to have others outside the program realize it, as well. It would be interesting to see if that rule can be broken if she doesn't get AA recognition. There have been some other great players who didn't get it, but it'd be tough to believe any as beloved as Kelly is (especially to Geno).

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I think we have our chance to worry less about what respect the WNBA gives. Just hope they hold off till the Sun's turn.

Remember Geno's knowing reply to Andy Landers doubts?

Reaction Score
From Carl:

"Through 10 games, Faris is averaging 9.4 points, 3.5 rebounds, 4.2 assists, and 2.6 steals. She tops the Big East and the nation in assist-to-turnover ratio (4.7) and leads the league in field-goal percentage (61.4). She’s also fifth in the Big East in 3-point shooting percentage (44.0) and seventh in assists and steals."

"In 125 career games, the Plainfield, Ind., native has 804 points, 633 rebounds, 431 assists, and 224 steals. Only one UConn player has finished with 1,000 points, 750 rebounds, 500 assists, and 250 steals — three-time Wade Trophy winner Maya Moore."

Kelly leading the BE in FG%. I love it!

Ya Gotta Love Kelly:) Those of us who have been and remained in her corner since Day One Are Beaming as Proud Parents as the Nation is becoming much more aware of Kelly! I can remember she shouldnt start,she shouldnt get the minutes she does, it being said she couldn't be a leader because she didnt score enough;) If she scored 10 points a game she might be considered for All American Status,and on and on! Interesting if some of those posts over the years could be pulled up!

Ira

Reaction Score
If I were choosing a pickup team, I think I'd choose Kelly first...wouldn't happen though...she'd be the captain doing the choosing!
If your chosing a Pickup team you could also take Diamond Ford who averages 19.9 pts for Texas Tech and you might also consider Melonie Ford from Shepherd University as the coach.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If your chosing a Pickup team you could also take Diamond Ford who averages 19.9 pts for Texas Tech and you might also consider Melonie Ford from Shepherd University as the coach.
That team would be a fast one that could really motor. In fact, Coach Ford has a better idea. Her goal is to outscore the opponent by getting to F-150. To score that much, the team would need to be loaded with clutch shooters. They would also have to be in great shape and not get gassed too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom