What???? Oregon vs. Maryland | The Boneyard

What???? Oregon vs. Maryland

Reaction Score
Sorry at the end of the first half I have to express some outrage by what the announcer said. He commented about how Maryland was down to Oregon, and then went on to say how most people have "Maryland as a lock for the final four". Who are these people? Who has Maryland as a lock over UCONN in the Bridgeport Regional? Was it Dave O'Brien?? I was flipping through the channels but it sounded like him. Seriously? Maryland a lock for the Final Four????

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
They have a lock on riding home on the choo choo after this weekend

They are both stinking up the court

Reaction Score
Again, snatching a loss from the jaws of victory.
upload_2017-3-25_13-33-50.png

Reaction Score
Sorry at the end of the first half I have to express some outrage by what the announcer said. He commented about how Maryland was down to Oregon, and then went on to say how most people have "Maryland as a lock for the final four". Who are these people? Who has Maryland as a lock over UCONN in the Bridgeport Regional? Was it Dave O'Brien?? I was flipping through the channels but it sounded like him. Seriously? Maryland a lock for the Final Four????

If anyone said this, they certainly misspoke. But don't let that stop you from the enjoyment of your ridiculous outrage.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Maryland looked too far ahead. I did not agree with Doris Burke statement "Maryland didn't look pass Oregon". All week Maryland was talking about a rematch with UConn, never once did I hear them mention Oregon.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
At least the Maryland fans are saving their money for the next time they're a "lock" to make the Final Four. There's not much to do in Bridgeport anyway. You can visit the P.T. Barnum Museum and see Sikorsky helicopters...that's about it.

Reaction Score
At least the Maryland fans are saving their money for the next time they're a "lock" to make the Final Four. There's not much to do in Bridgeport anyway. You can visit the P.T. Barnum Museum and see Sikorsky helicopters...that's about it.
I don't know about that. It's gradually becoming a nice city to walk around. Starting with Black Rock, the West End and Brooklawn.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Well, I think the debate about who's a better freshman - Ionescu or Slocum was pretty well settled. Ionescu has Larry Bird court vision, and played like a senior.
Ionescu is a heck of a baller by she had more dribbles on one possession than UConn does in a quarter. Just a bit of freshman indecision. She's going to be really, really good, though.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Maryland's depth this year consisted of two very talented freshmen. Those freshmen went 5-15 with 8 turnovers today.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Before everyone goes overboard on Oregon keep in mind they beat Temple by 1 in the 1st round. That's the same Temple that UConn beat by 28 & 45.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Damn, this is a 4th quarter game.

Reaction Score
Before everyone goes overboard on Oregon keep in mind they beat Temple by 1 in the 1st round. That's the same Temple that UConn beat by 28 & 45.
However, they WON. Not to say they will give UCONN a game, but acknowledge what a great run they are on....took down the #2, then #3 seed in their region.

Reaction Score
I guess Maryland was seeded correctly, after all.

actually they were to high..... they beat one top twenty team all year.... a weak Louisville team

And played in a very weak conference

And played several teams that were not in the top 200

However, Brenda gets her bonus check for 30 wins... most of them were cupcake opponents

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Maryland looked too far ahead. I did not agree with Doris Burke statement "Maryland didn't look pass Oregon". All week Maryland was talking about a rematch with UConn, never once did I hear them mention Oregon.

That's exactly what I was thinking watching the game. Maryland just didn't seem like they were playing in the moment. Oregon made almost all of the hustle plays. The Terps just didn't seem to have the desire, like they expected the Ducks to hand the game to them so the Terps could have the predestined game against UConn.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
However, they WON. Not to say they will give UCONN a game, but acknowledge what a great run they are on....took down the #2, then #3 seed in their region.

It's also a matter of matchups. Oregon has had trouble with very quick guards (Canada would be the primary Pac12 example), as well as really athletic inside players (Anigwe, Billings). Given that, I was actually fairly optimistic about Duke. Maryland not so much, although I thought Oregon had a decent chance for an upset.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
That's exactly what I was thinking watching the game. Maryland just didn't seem like they were playing in the moment. Oregon made almost all of the hustle plays. The Terps just didn't seem to have the desire, like they expected the Ducks to hand the game to them so the Terps could have the predestined game against UConn.
They reminded me of TN against Alabama in the SEC tournament - the game that a TN player said in the post game 'As a team we just didn't think we needed to play our best to beat them.' That sort of sums up what I saw from the MD players - 'Oh, they are playing out of their minds at the moment, but they'll fold up like a paper bag and we can turn it on whenever we need to.'

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
They reminded me of TN against Alabama in the SEC tournament - the game that a TN player said in the post game 'As a team we just didn't think we needed to play our best to beat them.' That sort of sums up what I saw from the MD players - 'Oh, they are playing out of their minds at the moment, but they'll fold up like a paper bag and we can turn it on whenever we need to.'
For both men and women, the road to the final four is littered with the corpses of teams who adopted that mindset.

Reaction Score
UConn and SC should roll to the FF. ND and Stanford should be an excellent game featuring 2 of the 4 best coaches in the sport. I am hoping for a good one between MSU and Baylor. I am a Mississippi native (hence my screen name) who has seen this team get picked on by other fans all season. No one will ever forget the 60 point thrashing last year and shouldn't, but this is a deep team with a lot of experience and I'm hoping plays the game of their lives. Baylor is the only team left in this tournament who I think could hang with UConn due to their size and depth and if MSU were playing anyone else besides Baylor and UConn, I would feel excellent about the chances to win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom