what one other player would be the best addition to the team? | The Boneyard

what one other player would be the best addition to the team?

Reaction Score
assuming geno will take at most one other transfer from the portal, whom would you tell him to choose and why? in your best really really really good argument. :)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
There are only 3 front court players remaining in the portal that are capable of helping UCONN IMO-with the criteria being capable of pressing for a starting spot or in the regular rotation & good for 20 minutes per game. That is Reese ,Blackwell, or Edwards. Although there are some very good players behind those three, that next level of talent is not a significant upgrade over existing front't court player. Blackwell would me my choice of the three. Blackwell would also solve that other need for an additional perimeter defender.

Reaction Score
Whichever player that fits the standards and values of the program.

Reaction Score
I prefer Dre’Una Edwards given size/length & relative seasoned/experienced positional roster need, esp now with LLS committed at guard/wing. Also love her great production against Gamecocks in SEC Final.

High on both incoming recruits Brady & Patterson but hard to project freshman making big impacts— esp in paint against stiffest/longest/deepest competition.

My vote for DE presumes she checks out on character & transfer history research/rationale front, since moving schools multiple times is a superficial red flag. If she does pass muster, perhaps we can get Batoully Camara to put in a good word as former UK>UConn transfer

Reaction Score
There are only 3 front court players remaining in the portal that are capable of helping UCONN IMO-with the criteria being capable of pressing for a starting spot or in the regular rotation & good for 20 minutes per game. That is Reese ,Blackwell, or Edwards. Although there are some very good players behind those three, that next level of talent is not a significant upgrade over existing front't court player. Blackwell would me my choice of the three. Blackwell would also solve that other need for an additional perimeter defender.
Agree with all of this, but I remain concerned with how much uncertainty there is regarding our bigs. I throw Aubrey in that group and count 6 players who all have the potential to be very good. If they come anywhere close to expectations, I think we will be fine, but with the possible exception of Dorka there are questions everywhere.

Even with Dorka, she will be recovering from injury, but I expect being more of a full time C instead of splitting time at the 4/5 will help her. With Aaliyah I wonder which player we get. If it is freshmen Aaliyah I want to pencil her into the starting position. If it is sophomore Aaliyah I would want to upgrade her with something better. In Aubrey's case we don't really know if she can play at all with something as serious as a back injury, or how close to her pre injury level she can be.

Then we have the even bigger unknowns, three players who haven't shown anything yet, but clearly have potential. Our two freshmen Ayanna and Ice, but Amari is in that category too. Add it all up and you have one player in Dorka where you have a good idea what you will get and 5 question marks., very talented question marks to be sure, but Aubrey not playing at all is a possibility, and others may fall short of our expectations.

If everybody performs to expectations we don't need another big unless that player can exceed what we have, like your three mentioned players. In a worst case scenario with 2 or 3 players not rising to the level of playable to Geno, then I might wind up wishing we had picked up a next tier big, more as a form of insurance.

Reaction Score
I prefer Dre’Una Edwards given size/length & relative seasoned/experienced positional roster need, esp now with LLS committed at guard/wing. Also love her great production against Gamecocks in SEC Final.

High on both incoming recruits Brady & Patterson but hard to project freshman making big impacts— esp in paint against stiffest/longest/deepest competition.

My vote for DE presumes she checks out on character & transfer history research/rationale front, since moving schools multiple times is a superficial red flag. If she does pass muster, perhaps we can get Batoully Camara to put in a good word as former UK>UConn transfer

Reaction Score
Anyone have any idea if Geno and company have even talked with them?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom