What! No morality at Puke? We shoulda known. | The Boneyard

What! No morality at Puke? We shoulda known.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Anyone who thought Zion went to Duke for free Over getting paid to go to Kansas is probably an ostrich.
Said the exact same thing somewhere on here. So obvious even a caveman would know it.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Said the exact same thing somewhere on here. So obvious even a caveman would know it.

Reaction Score
I hate Duke. No, I despise Duke. But there has to be some corroboration or this piece cannot be printed and obviously there was none because it would be the lead story on SportCenter and every other news outlet.

Reaction Score
Nope. Duke is such a desirable place and coach K is such a legend that he doesn't need to cheat. Just like Calimari doesn't need to cheat and Penny doesn't need to cheat and Self doesn't need to cheat and Roy doesn't need to cheat. Did I miss anyone?

Reaction Score
I hate Duke. No, I despise Duke. But there has to be some corroboration or this piece cannot be printed and obviously there was none because it would be the lead story on SportCenter and every other news outlet.

No it wouldn't. ESPN would never out Duke, or any other of their top TV revenue producing college programs, basketball or football.
Have they ever taken an investigative lead on any of these dirty programs? No. Who has more inside info/access than ESPN? No-one. They're in $$$ bed with Duke, etc.

Reaction Score
Nope. Duke is such a desirable place and coach K is such a legend that he doesn't need to cheat. Just like Calimari doesn't need to cheat and Penny doesn't need to cheat and Self doesn't need to cheat and Roy doesn't need to cheat. Did I miss anyone?

Pearlie Bruce.

Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong, I want Duke to be found guilty of this but if Nike or other companies have been paying money there HAS to be evidence more than his word or his story, and you shouldn't have to be Columbo to find it. Until then it's an unsubstantiated rumor.

C

Chief00

Don't get me wrong, I want Duke to be found guilty of this but if Nike or other companies have been paying money there HAS to be evidence more than his word or his story, and you shouldn't have to be Columbo to find it. Until then it's an unsubstantiated rumor.
The schools that do this well have layers of deniability. They don’t pay directly, rather the sneaker companies or other third parties pay. The payer pays someone, who has a relationship with the player. Chief has seen it all and it’s a tangled web.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Sometimes big stories start with things like this: One guy, Arenas says something then someone will look into it. I doubt espn will be that someone, maybe yahoo sports wants to make headlines and break a new story wide open. I know they have in the past with college ball. Eventually the truth will come out, just like it did to Ole Miss (fball) and hopefully a bunch of young student/athletes are not left as collateral damage in the long haul like at Mississippi. Either this leads to something big or he is talking out of his you know what, maybe the truth is even somewhere in between. At this point, who knows.

I also have to wonder, did some former player at duke do or say something to piss him off before saying that?

Well again, time to wait and see.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
i love the juxtaposition of these threads against the facetime violations. always makes me laugh

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
if you cant trust the most insane nba player in the last two decades who can you trust?

Hey, Canseco was the most honest man in baseball, why not Gilby?

Everybody else is trying to hide stuff for various and sundry reasons, whereas these guys JDGAF.

(as an aside, Rodman gives Gilby a pretty solid run at 'most insane NBA player'.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom