What is your favorite piece of UConn trivia? | The Boneyard

What is your favorite piece of UConn trivia?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
As the legacy of UConn WBB continues to grow, so too has the volume of obscure facts about the program, many of which date back several decades. To a significant degree, the Boneyard has become a repository of this obscure knowledge, a.k.a. UConn trivia.

So what is your favorite piece of UConn trivia? I suggest that everyone just pose their question and see if any of the ancient gods of wisdom that peruse this board can come up with the answer. If, at some point, it appears clear that you have stumped the experts, then please, mercifully chime in with the correct answer.

I will start it off with an easy question that will be a great UConn trivia question in 20-30 years.

In 2016, UConn won their 4th straight national championship with an 82-51 victory over Syracuse. Seniors Breanna Stewart, Morgan Tuck & Moriah Jefferson became the only players in the history of Division I college basketball to be members of 4 straight national championship teams.

Which UConn senior made the last basket of the game?

Reaction Score
Okay, what WCBB player's picture is included among the UConn athletes (men's & women's basketball, football, and [IIRC] men's hockey) on the advertisement in CT rest stops along Rte 95?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My favorite is a men's team question. Who holds the record for most times scoring the first basket (2) in the same Final Four?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Most BYers remember the debacle that was the 1st half of the 2010 NC game against Stanford. At one point, it seemed so surreal and upsetting that I resorted to sitting on the living room stairs, only occasionally glancing at the now-silent television across the room through split fingers that were held over my eyes.

But the record-low point total in that half (12 pts) is actually shared with the first half from another, earlier game.

Who was the opponent? When and where was it played?

(This game was played in the Geno/CD era.)

Reaction Score
In 30 years i hope the question becomes:Uconn has just won their fourth natty in a row for the fourth time in their history.Can you name the player who made the final basket the first time that was accomplished? Of course the answer be: Uconn coach Dr.Pulido who now has 10 rings as a coach to go along with many as a player and is closing in on Geno's record of 18 championships as a coach and will she be able to surpass this lofty goal.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Okay, what WCBB player's picture is included among the UConn athletes (men's & women's basketball, football, and [IIRC] men's hockey) on the advertisement in CT rest stops along Rte 95?
While I've driven on I95 in CT a few thousand times, I can't ever remember stopping at a rest stop, so this is just a wild guess

DT?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"Only twice in the history of NCAA basketball has a single school won the Men's and Woman's Basketball National Championship in the same year. Name the years and the teams."

Reaction Score
Name the UConn player who was named MOP of the conference tourney in two different conferences.

Reaction Score
As the legacy of UConn WBB continues to grow, so too has the volume of obscure facts about the program, many of which date back several decades. To a significant degree, the Boneyard has become a repository of this obscure knowledge, a.k.a. UConn trivia.

So what is your favorite piece of UConn trivia? I suggest that everyone just pose their question and see if any of the ancient gods of wisdom that peruse this board can come up with the answer. If, at some point, it appears clear that you have stumped the experts, then please, mercifully chime in with the correct answer.

I will start it off with an easy question that will be a great UConn trivia question in 20-30 years.

In 2016, UConn won their 4th straight national championship with an 82-51 victory over Syracuse. Seniors Breanna Stewart, Morgan Tuck & Moriah Jefferson became the only players in the history of Division I college basketball to be members of 4 straight national championship teams.

Pulido was also guarding the Syracuse player with the ball as time expired.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Rebecca?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
As we speak: what is the record of UConn against LadyVol?
What is delightful about the margin of the record?
Wandering to the dark side: what is Pat's record in NCAA championship games against AnybodyButUConn?

Answers;

13-9
the margin of 4 can be attributed to the four final games of the NCAA tourney....1995/2000/2003/2004
Pat is 8-1 in the championship game against Everybody Else University....0-4 against UConn.
Uhh...anybody know who won that one time it wasn't us?

Anyone care to predict the year we play Game #22 against them?
Will it be in the tournament? maybe a regular season game in MSG raising funds for Alzheimers?

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score

I don't know trivia but how about a "crossword" of player names?

1-Aves
2-Traditional shirt position
3-Feeds a fire
4-"Me and You and a Dog named Boo"
5-Blue and yellow
6-Former Kansas Senator Bob's male offspring
7-Mexican, Central American culture
8-$1.00
9-Old Mets stadium
10-Two essentials for a deer playing golf.
11-Greenbacks, dead presidents
12-Continent that includes China
13-Store price reductions
14-Jerry, Shari, Sinclair, et al
15-Breakfast at ____________
16-Bobby Darin wife
17-One hit wonder by The Left Banke
18-Military encounter
19-Curved
20-Jokester Rodney

That's all I've got.

Last edited: