What is with Fox and replays? | The Boneyard

What is with Fox and replays?

Reaction Score
I have noticed all year that Fox misses opportunities to show replays of close calls. So many times they show replays of plays that happened two possessions ago. Obviously, it's easier to queue up a replay if you have more time, but for important plays they should be able to do it more quickly. And on many plays we just get no replays. Do they cover the games with less cameras than other networks? Is it just less people involved in the production? Or, it could be that I'm just much more emotionally involved in these games and therefore notice it more.;)

They also seem to show much less statistics. Things like free throw percentages, and overall shooting percentages, etc.

Reaction Score
It's funny, I actually opened this thread expecting to see the opposite complaint and them showing too many replays. I feel like there's 4-5 times a game where they're showing a replay or coming back from commerical right as the ball is going into the basket

Reaction Score
Weirdly enough, I think you’re both right. When they show a replay, it often ends after play has resumed. In other situations, they miss obvious chances to show replays. I wanted to see Andre’s goaltend and the double technical again.

Tim Brando hasn’t been sharp lately, either. He’ll get calls wrong - mixing up fouls and turnovers - and misstate how many fouls a player has, who committed a foul, etc. Every other year with Fox and Fox Sports had seemed great.

Reaction Score
I have noticed all year that Fox misses opportunities to show replays of close calls. So many times they show replays of plays that happened two possessions ago. Obviously, it's easier to queue up a replay if you have more time, but for important plays they should be able to do it more quickly. And on many plays we just get no replays. Do they cover the games with less cameras than other networks? Is it just less people involved in the production? Or, it could be that I'm just much more emotionally involved in these games and therefore notice it more.;)

They also seem to show much less statistics. Things like free throw percentages, and overall shooting percentages, etc.
Fox is trash. So is their app. Really wish we played most of our games on CBS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom