What is TJ Weist Up To? | The Boneyard

What is TJ Weist Up To?

Reaction Score
Last I hard, Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh, hired Weist as offensive analyst. Should he return to Storrs?

Reaction Score
I liked him a lot. But whoever puts up the money will have a big vote.

Reaction Score
I liked him a lot. But whoever puts up the money will have a big vote.
Whoever put up the money has no voice. The BY hated that Burton spoke up against Pasquoloni. Give us the money and shut up.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If UConn is to even think of hiring a new coach - shouldn't they go outside of the UConn family and retreads?
This program needs an infusion of young and new - but not redpants -like

Reaction Score
TJ Weist would be an awesome hire and economical. He remains the winningest coach in 9 years and the only guy with 3 wins in a row.
I like him too. But Red Pants went 6-6 in a RS and was the only HC in 9 years to get UConn to a bowl in the last 9 years (assuming the Huskies aren't going to one this year) -- as galling as we may find this stat. TJ went 3-5 in his only season at UConn after taking over from PP.

Reaction Score
TJ Weist is the girl who said "I like your new haircut" once in 8th grade and now it's like 20 years later and the boneyard is thinking we coulda married her if ony things had worked out differently.
Nope. More like we had an 8 right in front of us, but thought we deserved a 10, only to find out we were a 3 if we took a long hard look. I remember the bashing and folks pissing on 3 wins in a row because Temple, Rutgers and Memphis were trash teams. We would give our collective left arms to win those games today.

Reaction Score
As much as I understand why people act like the TJ fans are idiots, I’m not sure they are being honest. If there is one person who truly thinks we’ve been better under any of our last 3 coaches than we would have been with TJ in charge, I’d be surprised. I’m not sure if TJ could have run the program,, but I’m confident we’d be better today if we’d hired him.

Reaction Score
Nope. More like we had an 8 right in front of us, but thought we deserved a 10, only to find out we were a 3 if we took a long hard look. I remember the bashing and folks pissing on 3 wins in a row because Temple, Rutgers and Memphis were trash teams. We would give our collective left arms to win those games today.
Yeah, no sh!!t. Btw, I went back and looked at the 2013 season. Casey Cochran's numbers looked pretty awesome.

Even with only three wins, I would trade the last three seasons for that one game against Michigan.

Reaction Score
I’m confident we’d be better today if we’d hired him.
You have no grounds to say that. TJ may have been competent enough on the field. But could he evaluate, recruit, and develop talent, which is at least 75% of the job? In Connecticut, in the AAC?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
TJ Weist is the girl who said "I like your new haircut" once in 8th grade and now it's like 20 years later and the boneyard is thinking we coulda married her if ony things had worked out differently.

I'm worse than that. I'm the guy that 20 years later thinks, "I could've got with that Hank Hughes guy because, in hindsight, he was a real looker!!!"

Reaction Score
Yo
You have no grounds to say that. TJ may have been competent enough on the field. But could he evaluate, recruit, and develop talent, which is at least 75% of the job? In Connecticut, in the AAC?
You make a good point but what are the odds that TJ would have done any worse than Diaco? At least least we know that our offense would have been better over the next 3 years. Whether TJ could recruit and run an entire football program is a unknown. We can only speculate and be angry that Warde did not do a better job in finding the right coach.

Reaction Score
Yo

You make a good point but what are the odds that TJ would have done any worse than Diaco? At least least we know that our offense would have been better over the next 3 years. Whether TJ could recruit and run an entire football program is a unknown. We can only speculate and be angry that Warde did not do a better job in finding the right coach.
Or the right conference. Lol

Reaction Score
I can’t see him coming back for anything less than the HC gig

After the way TJ was treated the first time I doubt he will come back ,well maybe if jobless. He thought he had a future here and a HC job! Even bought a house. Ct did not treat him well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom