What Is Success? After 2 Down Yrs, Season Will Be Measured By More Than Wins & Losses (Courant) | The Boneyard

What Is Success? After 2 Down Yrs, Season Will Be Measured By More Than Wins & Losses (Courant)

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Hope springs eternal.... One thing I've learned in the last 8 years is that moderate expectations, unmet, are more frustrating than an unfilled, never-had-a-prayer, grandiose pipe dream. Maybe that's an argument for going full Nos.

Reaction Score
well written article from this putterman. hmm,

"I think this is the best [freshmen] group, top to bottom, that I’ve brought in since I’ve been here at Connecticut,” Edsall said last week. “I’ve been extremely impressed with this group of freshmen.”

That's a pretty strong statement from Coach Edsall - given the history of the classes he brought in from 1999 through 2009 or so. If I'm not mistaken - to date the most winning recruiting classes from start to finish are still the 2007 class, and the 1986 class. (D1 and D1AA) respectively. Both incoming classes, if memory serves, in those 2 years produced multiple league titles for their respective leagues at the time over their years of eligibility.

We'll see what the class of 2018 does. It starts tonight.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Putterman puts out pretty decent content, but unless the World started in 2015, UConn's down years go back a danm sight further back.

Other than for the 10,000 or so fans who actually care, Wins/Losses ALWAYS define a season.

Reaction Score
Putterman puts out pretty decent content, but unless the World started in 2015, UConn's down years go back a danm sight further back.

Other than for the 10,000 or so fans who actually care, Wins/Losses ALWAYS define a season.

Hey - for most people reaching 18-25 age group right now, they have no memory of UCONN beating Notre Dame, or playing in bowl game(S) and beating SEC teams. Got to start again somewhere. and I agree - success is measured in wins.

Reaction Score
UConn needs to qualify for a bowl game. If this 2018 schedule is too tough, add more teams to schedule like URI.

Reaction Score
UConn needs to qualify for a bowl game. If this 2018 schedule is too tough, add more teams to schedule like URI.

Pretty sure you can only count 1 FCS game towards bowl eligibility...

Reaction Score
Then play FBS teams that are about the quality of URI or UMass. It is possible.

Examples may be:
Idaho
Bowling Green
Kent State
Ball State
Coastal Carolina
San Jose State
Texas State
Rice
Georgia Southern
UTEP
Charlotte

Reaction Score
Then play FBS teams that are about the quality of URI or UMass. It is possible.

Examples may be:
Idaho
Bowling Green
Kent State
Ball State
Coastal Carolina
San Jose State
Texas State
Rice
Georgia Southern
UTEP
Charlotte
Why? I would rather have wins against the big boys. MAC...the league as a whole is good, but Idaho is going down to FCS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom