What is our best realistic option? | The Boneyard

What is our best realistic option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Assuming no ACC or B1G invites, all of the six remaining BE schools risk being left in the lurch by up to three or four of the others. We'd do it to them and they'd do it to us. It's about. survival and no one can begrudge anyone else. This nonsense that the BE can add non top 25 programs and keep its BCS bid is just wrong.

So, if the six are going to hang together in a stable form going forward I only see one way to do it. It is by no means a slam dunk and will require marketing, negotiating and media skills that I couldn't imagine possessing, but here goes.

1. The six at the moment have value as both BB and FB entities. The loss of cuse and pitt affect that some but doesn't make it worthless.

2. There is obvious distrust within the B12 towards Texas by the rest of its members. These new negotiations are unlikely to change that fact long term.

3. The stability of any conference has been shown to be about the size and equal distribution of TV dollars.

The might be an opportunity here for someone to approach NBC about a deal contingent upon a merger of 12 schools that would be attractive to Oklahoma and the remaining BE schools to contractually forego leaving for other conferences even if an invite comes later. OU is the key and might be that tired of Bevo to go for it.

The schools I would like to see are

Ou - Osu
Ku - Ksu
Wvu - U of L
Uconn - Ru
Usf - Cincinnati

And two of the following
Mizzou/Iowa St/TCU/Baylor

I am assuming Mizzou or one Big East school goes to the SEC/ACC to fill the SEC's 14th spot. That is much better than navy, ecu, ucf and at least has a chance to work so long as Texas continues to resemble the other half of their mascot.

OU OSU TCU and WVU/Mizzou is an AQ conference if everyone us willing to stick it to Texas who will be fine as an independent or a new SWAC.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak