What is it with UConn? | The Boneyard

What is it with UConn?

Reaction Score
.... That they can't keep a full roster? Not just football but the all beloved basketball teams too. Look at the women's basketball team. They barely have enough to even field a team. The men don't have a full complement and the football team is shrinking in ranks by the week. Is it Connecticut as a state that just turns kids off from coming here? Something is up.

Reaction Score
I think we’ve become smug. It’s unfortunate and pushes people away.

Reaction Score
Men's BB are at their scholarship limit of 12 (self imposed sanction)

My guess is Geno is just very picky with his scholarships and would rather save a scholarship vs give it to a player who isn't going to get off the bench.

is having a football team with 82 scholarship players vs 85 really a big deal? It is what it is, it's not easy recruiting for the football team right now.

Last edited:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
.... That they can't keep a full roster? Not just football but the all beloved basketball teams too. Look at the women's basketball team. They barely have enough to even field a team. The men don't have a full complement and the football team is shrinking in ranks by the week. Is it Connecticut as a state that just turns kids off from coming here? Something is up.

Women's basketball team barely has enough to even field a team! Really.

There are 11 young women on the basketball roster. One is sitting out this year per NCAA transfer rules. The other has serious knee problems which limits her playing time. Geno usually has a roster of 12 players. The current team is ranked #4 in the AP poll and #5 in the coaches' poll.

The women's program still attracts the top talent in the country. Next year's recruiting class includes the #1, #21 and #26 in the rankings among the 5 player class.

The women's program is doing fine.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Thank you for your interest in the state of UConn athletic scholarships.

Reaction Score
I am starting to think if we waited long enough and this Boise St thing happend for the aac. They would have paid us to leave.

Reaction Score
Become smug? That has been a label this state has been branded with for more than a century.

Yeah but it hasn’t really been branded with sports for a century. It’s somewhat newer... just my opinion, maybe.

Reaction Score
Perhaps one of the mods can change the title to

What is it with UConn Fans?

Reaction Score
I used to post on USCHO this way when UConn had an unexpectedly good result.

HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
anyone know how to get a wingding font???

Reaction Score
I think your complaint about my font is that it is too small.

Is this any better? Can you see this font?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom